I need help identifying.

Froam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, what could this be? A week ago it started appearing everywhere and every day there are more, both in crystals and stones. When I scraped it to put it on the microscope. It was a soft texture. At first I thought it was spirorbis, but I've had them and they are different. Good luck and thank you.
sdgfhjkj.jpg
sdfghgj.png
1715882854058-jpg.3661198

1715882854038.jpg

1715882854021.jpg

1715882854005.jpg

sdfghgj.png 1715882854058.jpg

OP
OP
F

Froam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse my ignorance because I'm new to the hobby, but isn't that a freshwater snail? I have not put that snail in my aquarium.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse my ignorance because I'm new to the hobby, but isn't that a freshwater snail? I have not put that snail in my aquarium.
Some species are freshwater, some brackish, some marine (salt).

What snail species do you have in your tank?

OP
OP
F

Froam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some species are freshwater, some brackish, some marine (salt).

What snail species do you have in your tank?
Yes, you are absolutely right. I introduced 5 snails of this type into the aquarium. But I thought you had another name. I put 5 of that type. Do you think snails will come out of there? Because there are literally eggs for many stones and crystals.
Sorry for the confusion, because I didn't remember its name correctly and now when I checked the order I did have 5 of that type.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you are absolutely right. I introduced 5 snails of this type into the aquarium. But I thought you had another name. I put 5 of that type. Do you think snails will come out of there? Because there are literally eggs for many stones and crystals.
Sorry for the confusion, because I didn't remember its name correctly and now when I checked the order I did have 5 of that type.
No problem about the confusion - it happens.

The eggs will probably hatch, but the larvae will most likely not survive (they'll starve, be eaten, be removed by filtration, shredded by pumps/powerheads, etc.) - so, no, I wouldn't expect any new snails to come from the eggs.

OP
OP
F

Froam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No hay problema con la confusión, sucede.

Los huevos probablemente eclosionarán, pero lo más probable es que las larvas no sobrevivan (morirán de hambre, serán devoradas, eliminadas por filtración, trituradas por bombas/cabezales, etc.), así que no, no esperaría que de los huevos salieran nuevos caracoles.
Thank you very much for the clarification and I feel calmer, knowing that it is not something problematic.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Eggs will likely get eaten and not hatch as they need cooler water temps and most eggs become caviar for tank occupants and these snails lay these eggs on a regular basis

OP
OP
F

Froam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Es probable que los huevos se coman y no eclosionen, ya que necesitan temperaturas de agua más frías y la mayoría de los huevos se convierten en caviar para los ocupantes del tanque y estos caracoles ponen estos huevos de forma regular
Thanks for the explanation, I was hoping I could have more snails. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Back