I need to move. Any suggestions on where to sell equipment and tank?

Reefolution

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For economic reasons I need to move and sell my reef. Any suggestions on the best place to sell my tank and used equipment in Los Angeles? It is all from the top brands like, Neptune, Reef Octopus, Kessil, Spectra Pure, Eco Tech, etc. The tank is from Crystal Dynamics (40"x40"x27") with 3/4" low iron glass and a custom extruded aluminum stand. The sump is custom from Advanced Acrylic. I also have lots of extra stuff, like testing gear etc.

IMG_2230.JPG IMG_2236.JPG IMG_2652.JPG

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Some people sell theirs here. I found my 125 tank on facebook marketplace where yours will stand out vs the others people try to sell. Also craigslist! Facebook market place seems pretty popular, I see lots go up and get sold in my area!

OP
OP
R

Reefolution

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Some people sell theirs here. I found my 125 tank on facebook marketplace where yours will stand out vs the others people try to sell. Also craigslist! Facebook market place seems pretty popular, I see lots go up and get sold in my area!
Thanks for the advise.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For the big stuff Facebook. I'm sure there are many local FB selling groups in and around LA.
The stuff that's easy to ship, there is a big market here in the selling forums.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back