Identification

Beluga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve recently caught the zoa/paly bug and have decided my pico tank will be a polyp garden.

That being said I purchased these a while back not really knowing all of the “trade names” fancy names etc that are thrown around today. I simply enjoyed their color and thought the red contrasted the green star polyps well. In recent years my interests have focused solely on SPS and uncommon angelfish. So I’m a bit rusty with softies/zoas.

I have been told they are “heartbreaker zoanthids/palys” however we all know the fastest way to find an answer on the internet is to post something that’s incorrect. So let’s call them gumdrop zoanthids/palys and see if anyone can provide me the correct name instead haha.

I apologize for the blue tint, this iPhone 11 Pro Max is terrible with my lights.

I have checked zoabrary and the other resources I’m familiar with but no such luck.

They have pink mouths. Purple disk. Purple lashes with pink/red lining.
9174E6E4-6847-4B5F-B562-1810CF4813F2.jpeg

Last edited:

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They're definitely not clementines. They're just an unnamed assorted zoa. If you want to put a name on them you can, but being a run of the mill unnamed zoa doesn't diminish them in anyway, especially if you like them.

OP
OP
B

Beluga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then I'll stick with Heartbreaker Zoas, as the little mouths pink area sort of looks like a heart and thats what I bought them as haha. At least until I hear otherwise.

Thanks guys!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back