IM Helio errors

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else run into this? I just bought it and when set to 77F the display tank temp only shows 77F. When I move the set temp up or down then the display tank temp shows correctly (e.g. 76.5F, 76.8F, 77.1F, etc.).

I'm getting errors 1.E5, 2.E4, and 3.E2 even though I moved the heater to the display portion of the tank and my"low temperature set" alarm is well below. The heating portion still kicks on fine.

I see these when clicking through the settings "EAA" or "ERR", I have a single 100W plugged in.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
dr_vinnie_boombatz

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heater has been working fine, however, had the temperature set to 78F and was reading as it should, e.g. 77.5, 77.7, etc. but then only showed 78F. Lowered to 77F and showed correctly again, but then and now only 77F. @Innovative Marine is this by design? I'm having a hard time believing it's holding the exact temperature all the time. Thank you

Have an Inkbird setup to monitor and it does seem to hold a very tight temperature band; but the Inkbird does show temperature going down slightly, such as 76.8, Hello will kick on meanwhile the Helio only shows 77F the entire time.

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heater has been working fine, however, had the temperature set to 78F and was reading as it should, e.g. 77.5, 77.7, etc. but then only showed 78F. Lowered to 77F and showed correctly again, but then and now only 77F. @Innovative Marine is this by design? I'm having a hard time believing it's holding the exact temperature all the time. Thank you

Have an Inkbird setup to monitor and it does seem to hold a very tight temperature band; but the Inkbird does show temperature going down slightly, such as 76.8, Hello will kick on meanwhile the Helio only shows 77F the entire time.
The Helio will generally not show anything lower than .4 difference on the screen. Although, the sensor is reading this prevents constant on/off cycles on the relay that prevent premature failure.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 99 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back