I'm Still Here, Just A Bit Behind... :D

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

I am starting a new job, and it has me driving alot around the state of Maine recently. I'm ALOT stressed over some professional deadlines as well for about the next 3 weeks, too... :(

So, I wanted folks to know that if I am not getting back to you as fast as I normally do, it isn't because I don't like you- I just literally am not online as much as I usually get to be! Bear with me while I ride this one out...

:D
Laurie

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Stix! I get to see what it feels like to tell people what to do now, how scary is that??? LOL Actually, it doesn't feel the way I thought it would- it's more pressure than I had bargained for. I really want to do right by people, and that is hard to do, especially when you are younger than someof the folks, and they don't like you just for that right off the bat. Sure was easier to work at Hardee's! <grin>

LOL, sorry to hear that!! I'll have to spice it up a bit!

I've been getting home and literally falling into bed. I gotta find a way to keep awake on the road. I'm really tired when I leave some of the places I have to go - I give it my all while I am there- and so I am already tired when I climb into the car! I've been trying to listen to way loud, fast music on the road and singing to stay awake, but it doesn't work very well. Any ideas??? The job pays WAY too well to turn down, but I am starting to worry about driving safety.

Laurie

Last edited:

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new job!!!

If you want a drink that keeps you up you should try and find a drink called bawls. It has a weird name but it is a very popular drink among gamers and it gives you a good kick if you need it.

No matter what, kick some butt and check in when you get some time.

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those degrees are paying off now! Double up on espresso shots and roll the windows down, Im sure that its chilly up there right now :)
.....Nowww will you get the nano? lol
Best of luck :)
Chris

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mega huge size rockstar energy drink and jolt gum. This combo can't be good for you, but it keeps me smiling at 4-5am when planes are diverted or canceled. People sure hate to be smiled at when they are 12+ hours late.

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new gig. :) The 'pressure' will taper off once you get settled in. You can always hit a Starbucks Doubleshot. That will keep ya up for awhile. ;)

Reef Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laurie I am also a big fan of the Doubleshot and pull over take a quick stretch does wonders. Once you get settled in things will get easier and then you'll be able to relax a little. Congrats and hurry back!

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of work?

Thanks guys, you always make me smile... :D

I am holding onto part of my old job tutoring for about 15 hours a week until May because one of the kids is a Senior this year, and changing home tutors in the middle of his program might hurt his chances of graduating on time... I feel like I owe him that... :D

The new job is Regional Coordinator for a statewide home healthcare agency. I will do north eastern Maine- a LOT of mileage. It's about 2 and a half times what I make now an hour, and I will finally have dental!!! I'm orienting to the company for now, and taking some professional exams, as well as actually working for them about 20 hours on top of my two week notice for the school.

Crazy for the moment, but will pay off soon hopefully. My husband is going to kill me before I get settled from one job into the next I think... And in the middle of all this I just got elected President of my state reef club. LOL! I eat stress for breakfast... and ALOT of coffee... I looked up yesterday and realized I had no where to put my coffee cup inthe car because I had filled all the cup holders with empty cups from earlier the SAME morning... Mauybe I SHOULD look into the Bawls!

Hey Chris, maybe that's how I can finally get the Finnex- with the extra money from the balancing act for this 2 weeks... LOL Check this one out! I think this is the one I am settling on: http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...duct_Code=FI-MTG-2401&Category_Code=Aquariums

Laurie

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow congrats on the new job and all. I hope it works out for you!! and congrats on making president of your reef club!!!

Steve :D

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooh that is nice, it must have come out a few weeks after I got mine lol
You will just need the time to set it up, right, or you can just pay my plane ticket and I will go up there and set it up!
Go get some ZZZ's
-Chris

Reef Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laurie,
When I was working fulltime, going to school, doing clinicals, planning my wedding, oh and buying a house! (We are Wonderwomen!) LOL! I found a song you gotta hear it really describes life for those of us who seem to live in stress! Jaime O'Neal Frantic.

P.S. Your gonna be bored to death when things calm down!!

Back