IM50 AIO return and overflow adjustments

Mr. GoodStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have some recommendations or tips on the return and overflow weir adjustments or pump speed, etc?

I feel like mine just aren’t properly draining debris and what not from the display into the overflow. I have plenty of water flowing into the back chambers but if for example I put in some food even if right near the overflow it won’t suck it in, the food just floats there.
IMG_6934.jpeg

surlytx

Reefing Smarter, Not Harder (For Retirement)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM Fusion 40 AIO and I have good flow down my overflows. I have noticed that debris seems to float on the surface in front of the overflows, but if you watch you will see a great deal of stuff going into the overflow. Also, if you put a piece of filter floss in the overflow it is surprising how much stuff is going over.

In one overflow, I have a bag of chemipure elite in the filter stand and a Tunze skimmer in the other. I also removed the adjustable weirs as they were to easy to move and were causing me issue with water level in the return pump sump area.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back