Important announcement regarding the new Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL at the ones here saying Neptune has bad Customer Service...i had an issue with the new Apex and got four emails on a Sunday. Jon is excellent and im glad the new units will soon be rocking solid to shut down the crap talking from wannabe cometitors.

Some here even going off making coments about Greg Carroll, who has been supporting the Cerebra the whole way, with no bias towards Neptune. The guy was invited to unveil the new Apex, how does that make him an advocate? Dude had a tank that gives him credit to unveil products from any companies for decades to come. Guy has hobby credibility, period. Seems like some here have some jealousy to take care of instead of looking for a controller.

Some people will always cry and complain, no matter how much you do for them. Problem is i bet most of the ones complaining here dont even own an Apex.

hejjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Some people will always cry and complain, no matter how much you do for them. Problem is i bet most of the ones complaining here dont even own an Apex."

I wouldn't doubt it. It's easy to think how you would run a business but when it comes down to it, there's a lot of variables involved and it's not as simple as it seems.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "google" neptune apex poor customer support I got a bunch of complaints coming back. To be fair, I also "google" "apple poor customer support" and my goodness, the result is almost like the first search if not worse because they have a lot more customers. I realized that no matter how good of a company is, there will be un-happy customers. And even in the same company, you have good and bad employees and even good employees have bad days and bad employees have good days. I am sure you are not the only one that got bad experience with Neptune, but I think the majority get good or OK services from them and that is what got them where they are today besides the good and reliable products they are selling.[/QUOTE
Looks like someone is fond of quotation marks. How quaint. Nothing wrong with that, however, your obvious sarcastic use of them here in the singular verb form with the intent of putting someone down simply doesnt make any sense, much less back up or lend any credence to your tone. The verb "google" as was properly used here by forum member Shotscane is a popular one widely accepted amongst pop culture. Placing quotes around the (properly used) phrase multiple times and refraining from using the past participle form of this common action is indicative of a shoddy attempt at insulting someone else's intelligence and in this particular case, ironically, doesn't exact bolster the case for your own. I think its uncalled for and inappropriate. Ill tell you what I see: I see a valid, logical, and non inflammatory case being made by someone who simply claimed they expect someone to be able to answer the phone during business hours if and when an issue arises, which seems to lean heavily lean more towards "when" then "if" when dealing with Neptune.(emphasis mine and quotes added for dramatic effect.) Seems like a reasonable demand to me for this particular company and product. I absolutely concur and its preposterous to be subjected to the confines of consulting a forum or email for customer service if and when a problem arises for a device of this nature.

Last edited:

Ojoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in the post you reviewed so unfavorably did you see an opportunity lost for using the past participle?

I believe it is when he failed to say he googled apple instead of "google" apple.

But I could be wrong. Perfect and imperfect participles have never been my strong suit...

fab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the poster written ‘googled’ where instead he just wrote ‘google’ he would have merely been using the simple past tense of the pseudo-verb ‘to google.’ That use of ‘googled’ would not have been a participle, just the past tense.

Had the poster used a multipart verb construct such as “I have googled something” then the word ‘have’ would have been an auxiliary verb and the word ‘google’ would have been a past participle.

But that is not the way the poster was expressing himself. It appeared he was just a bit shy about using ‘googled’ to construct the simple past tense of what he wanted to say. That is why I saw no place where a participle would have had a role in his post. And I still do not.

Last edited:

Wy8tt_Earp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this conversation should be moved to the Grammar 2 Grammar site. I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with the Apex or R2R. At no time did anyone say that you must use proper english to be a member of R2R or that you would be publicly ridiculed for the grammar in your posts. I thought we were all here because we have a passion/addiction for tanks and all the crazy "crap" we can put/fit inside.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.0%
Back