Innovate Marine Back Panel Seperating

firespear21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

New here but I've run into my first big issue with my system.... It looks like with the bowed rear acrylic/abs panel and a small leak from the rear corners. Looks to be a relatively common issue with these systems....(https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/innovative-marine-warranty.1024780/) I've already reached out to IM for a warranty claim and I'm hoping for the best since this tank is <4 months old.

With that being said I would definitely appreciate any advice as to how to approach the tank swap? Any gotchas that I should be aware of? With the size of my house I will have to tear down the old tank before I can setup the new one but I have a 20G QT tank to hold the livestock in during the swap....

Not the greatest start to the reefing adventure but I'm hoping for a quick resolution....

Thanks Everyone!

Bowed_Acrylic_Panel_Seperating.jpg

sham_mi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

New here but I've run into my first big issue with my system.... It looks like with the bowed rear acrylic/abs panel and a small leak from the rear corners. Looks to be a relatively common issue with these systems....(https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/innovative-marine-warranty.1024780/) I've already reached out to IM for a warranty claim and I'm hoping for the best since this tank is <4 months old.

With that being said I would definitely appreciate any advice as to how to approach the tank swap? Any gotchas that I should be aware of? With the size of my house I will have to tear down the old tank before I can setup the new one but I have a 20G QT tank to hold the livestock in during the swap....

Not the greatest start to the reefing adventure but I'm hoping for a quick resolution....

Thanks Everyone!

Bowed_Acrylic_Panel_Seperating.jpg
I was looking at a new aquarium and IM was going to be my choice. Is this happing on newer? Older? Random? It's a little concerning...

OP
OP
firespear21

firespear21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at a new aquarium and IM was going to be my choice. Is this happing on newer? Older? Random? It's a little concerning...
It was a newer tank (<6 Months).

Their warranty team was super easy to work with though. Had me scratch void into the tank glass and had a new tank out to me within a week.

So far so good on this one. I've only seen one other thread like this so it seems like a manufacturing defect as opposed to something systematic or design related. Overall I'm very happy with the system and would recommend them based off my experience with their warranty team alone!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back