Innovative Marine 200 Int Peninsula Questions

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fellow reefers. I see some 200 ext out there but not many Int. Im am considering getting this ordered but wanted to see if anyone had any complaints about the tank or sump. I like the look of the INT but like the plumbing and dual return of the EXT better. Just wondering other peoples experience with there's.

Serpentman2024

Back at it after a 12yr hiatus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
INT owner here. Its a smaller tank and for the place I put it, fits better. However, given the choice, I would 100% go with the EXT. More room in the display and the plumbing "works" better. Plumbing was ridiculously easy as advertised but the shelf that comes with has to be cut to accommodate.

Also the self leveling mat covers the bottom of every tank, including drain holes so I had scrape off which wasn't as easy as you might think.
20240402_065005721_iOS.jpg
20240402_071909621_iOS.jpg

OP
OP
OctaviusBrine

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
INT owner here. Its a smaller tank and for the place I put it, fits better. However, given the choice, I would 100% go with the EXT. More room in the display and the plumbing "works" better. Plumbing was ridiculously easy as advertised but the shelf that comes with has to be cut to accommodate.

Also the self leveling mat covers the bottom of every tank, including drain holes so I had scrape off which wasn't as easy as you might think.
20240402_065005721_iOS.jpg
20240402_071909621_iOS.jpg
Good to know. Yeah i really want the EXT but don't want to have to build something to cover the exposed plumbing but I definitely like the plumbing option better. Did you go with their sump or a different one? I'm torn if I wana try a different one as I normally run a Fleece roller. The INT i was told would be 4-6 months to get it up here. I've heard the EXT ships faster.

Serpentman2024

Back at it after a 12yr hiatus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to know. Yeah i really want the EXT but don't want to have to build something to cover the exposed plumbing but I definitely like the plumbing option better. Did you go with their sump or a different one? I'm torn if I wana try a different one as I normally run a Fleece roller. The INT i was told would be 4-6 months to get it up here. I've heard the EXT ships faster.

I went with their sump. Although I really like it, the one that came with the 75 (RFS 0827) isn't very customizable. I do like that its large and can handle a lot of excess water. My only complaint is it occupies the entire stand so no additional space. If you went turnkey, the 200 comes with the RFS50 so you should have plenty of room left in your stand.

Back