Introducing the Hydros Maven

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW... so its vapor tease ware until November?

So people saying they pulled this just so they can steal some light from neptune and the Trident NP was totally spot on.

Im sorry, its starting to make me respect coralvue less and less by doing this.
They have showed new projects like this before at the shows like RAP. In fact they had the original Hydros controllers at MACNA one year and it was a year latter before they were released for purchase. So this happens all the time if they have a working unit for the show why not show what they are working on for future release. I think from what I understand they still need to go through beta testing. That would mean they are just a few months away if everything goes as planned.

DJ Mike Fury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems high to me. Trident and Ion Director are both $600 range, and all GHL products are horribly overpriced.
Hydros is much cheaper as it’s an all in one tester as brain is built in…to do the same thing in apex would cost at least $1650 as you need at least an apex jr plus trident and NP

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros is much cheaper as it’s an all in one tester as brain is built in…to do the same thing in apex would cost at least $1650 as you need at least an apex jr plus trident and NP

You are looking at it as a first time user / purchase. Same could be said if you are buying the new Kamore. This is not the case with someone already in the Neptune ecosystem and Trident user.

Just depends on the point of entry and it will not be the same for each hobbyist. Important to clarify.

DJ Mike Fury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everyone has an apex and if they do, they’re not all committed to it like you may think especially if the original Trident is any barometer for NP. And here’s the reality, Trident and NP are going to continue to burn through your reagents unlike Maven - a true hidden cost that no one is talking enough about. There’s no minimum testing requirement per day with Maven unlike Apex.

Here’s the bottom line, Aperture is releasing Apex Trident NP when the phosphates test has NOT been working as of just a little over 2 months ago since last spoke to NSI (beta testers for Neptune). There’s a problem with the low resolution. The fact that they rushed this for RAP Orlando and laying it on a table with no price when it’s less than a month out should be a warning sign to EVERYONE.

Last edited:

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone is already invested into the apex ecosystem, why are they even complaining about the price of the maven? Is adding the N&P cheaper than the maven? Yes it is. Yet at the end of the day they will have much more invested into the entire system and the cost of a single maven unit. No one is forcing them to switch ecosystems so why complain? All in all most of the automated testing units run roughly the same amount or very close.

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are looking at it as a first time user / purchase. Same could be said if you are buying the new Kamore. This is not the case with someone already in the Neptune ecosystem and Trident user.

Just depends on the point of entry and it will not be the same for each hobbyist. Important to clarify.
I’m already in the Neptune system and getting a working testing system for me is still cheaper with Hydros. Being brainwashed into a brand lock is a pretty bad mistake. Consistently investing in things that are “cheap” and frankly dont work is a waste of money. Overall costs are cheaper with Hydros though - that’s a fact.

Not everyone has an apex and if they do, they’re not all committed to it like you may think especially if the original Trident is any barometer for NP. And here’s the reality, Trident and NP are going to continue to burn through your reagents unlike Maven - a true hidden cost that no one is talking enough about. There’s no minimum testing requirement per day with Maven unlike Apex.

Here’s the bottom line, Aperture is releasing Apex Trident NP when the phosphates test has NOT been working as of just a little over 2 months ago since last spoke to NSI (beta testers for Neptune). There’s a problem with the low resolution. The fact that they rushed this for RAP Orlando and laying it on a table with no price when it’s less than a month out should be a warning sign to EVERYONE.
Exactly. And I will just be blunt — the Neptune rep that was there is a d*ck and in utter denial about their slew of mistakes and issues. He may be in denial, but world wide coral has been pushing Hydros because of their crap which ties into why the WWC 4,000 gallon tanks are running Hydros. I love how their RAP video on the “new” products tried to use Top Shelf who’s also now pushing more Hydros. I think SaltwaterAquariums is the only big vendor still trying to push Neptune because of culture and them not trying Hydros.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back