Is anyone nearby Kannapolis, NC? New reefer needs help.

nine9d

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

My mother-in-law is a fairly new reefer and is in need of some help. She has been having fish "disappear" in her Fluval 13.5 g tank. I try to help and troubleshoot over the phone with her, but I think it would be better if someone could place a house call.

She had 2 clowns go missing, bought replacements, and then had another disappear as well. She has a top on the tank, and I'm not entirely sure that she has a mantis or really know what's going on as her explanations sometimes contradict themselves.

Can anyone help a fellow reefer out that lives nearby? Thanks.

- Ross

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

My mother-in-law is a fairly new reefer and is in need of some help. She has been having fish "disappear" in her Fluval 13.5 g tank. I try to help and troubleshoot over the phone with her, but I think it would be better if someone could place a house call.

She had 2 clowns go missing, bought replacements, and then had another disappear as well. She has a top on the tank, and I'm not entirely sure that she has a mantis or really know what's going on as her explanations sometimes contradict themselves.

Can anyone help a fellow reefer out that lives nearby? Thanks.

- Ross
I know this is an old thread, but did she ever figure out what was going on with her fish?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back