OP
OP
ValorG

ValorG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have the strong green coloration in mine. It has good pink/red though. do you all agree that lower light will bring more of the green out?
thanks
Jeff
I think that is the general thought. My frag was getting blasted with light and has basically no green at all.

Lower light will definitely bring out the green more. I think at the location now my red planet is getting around 300-350 par.

OP
OP
ValorG

ValorG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, really like how yours keeps the green and red. Best red planet I have seen. I use to have a like colony but died in a tank crash.. :(
Thanks man :) I"m sure itll still just turn red/pink when it starts plating but as long as the base/shaded areas stay that bright green, I'll be happy. Sorry about the crash, hope that never happens to me. Sounds devastating.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's editing out w t h thinking it means the other lol

Beautiful coral!

OP
OP
ValorG

ValorG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say you hit the sweet spot with nutrients mine is in the same par but I run very low nutrients. When I feed extra or run less filtration I get more green. But I seem to get less gro*** when I have more green.
GRO***! lol And I may of, I basically just keep the phos/nitrates low to where I get very little/tolerable algae.

OP
OP
ValorG

ValorG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's not a red planet....:tongue:

What's your LEDs consist of?
hahaha, once it starts tabling it will probably look more like one. I use royal blue, blue, cool white(If I make another i may get rid of this totally), warm white, neutral white, UV

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ll try to get a better pic up tomorrow...that is very sweet looking RP, ValorG...

Rookie J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. This is what mine looks like.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1408777135.552406.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1408777203.468278.jpg

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ValorG I was the 1st to receive ORA RP in Michigan straight out of the box from ORA to "The Fish Guys" and it looked exactly like yours. Mine had it's Green for years till I Kalk bombed my tank...it then stayed red and lost the green base. Coincidentally,also the same time I switched to low nutrient system.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, you will lose most of the green once it starts tabling significantly.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOLY SIZNUGGET Need to the add red planet acro to my list of "acros that I want but can't get because I'm canadian and it makes acquiring these corals exceedingly difficult"

MikeAndrews

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409015860.440083.jpg
my Red Planet is directly under a Radion Pro lens and is red, but I lost the green base. The Green a Planet next to it is green though!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back