Is Ruby Reef Rally a good product

Travis Rider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone out there has had success using Ruby Reef Rally? Is it safe to use in a FOWLR system? Is it Reef safe?

I am contemplating having this on hand in case of any future issues. I had an ich outbreak in my tank about two months ago and lost half my livestock because I didn't have any treatment options on hand.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone out there has had success using Ruby Reef Rally? Is it safe to use in a FOWLR system? Is it Reef safe?

I am contemplating having this on hand in case of any future issues. I had an ich outbreak in my tank about two months ago and lost half my livestock because I didn't have any treatment options on hand.
I know that Humblefish recommends keeping it on hand. The product does claim to be reef safe but does not claim to treat Ich. It does treat a whole host of other issues.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it only has a 1 year shelf life.

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Humblefish recommends keeping it on hand. The product does claim to be reef safe but does not claim to treat Ich. It does treat a whole host of other issues.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it only has a 1 year shelf life.
Interesting on the shelf life, I hadn't caught that prior to your post. Thanks.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Ruby Reef Rally for Brook. At the store, I give every new clown a 1 hour bath in it before they get acclimated to the system. In short, yes it's a good product. I've never used it in a display, but it claims to be safe. It's good to have around for velvet outbreaks, again in a bath solution, not in the tank. It's worth having if you plan to add new fish soon or if you never QT'd your fish before. I wouldn't get it just to have, though, without any plans to use it.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rally contains acriflavine, which is useful for treating brook and providing temporary relief of velvet. As Meredith said, it is better to use it in a 60-90 minute bath followed by transfer into a sterile QT. Once in QT, dose copper or Chloroquine to completely eradicate velvet. Sometimes no further treatment is required for brook, although I advocate dosing metronidazole or Chloroquine in QT for good measure. ;)

Ahbaloch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2/3 teaspoon per gallon of bath water. Doesn't have to be exact - I've gone up to 1 teaspoon per gallon with no ill effects.

for how long? does it need any air from air pump for oxygen or something for time of bath???

Steve Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have and do use it. Just did my egg treatment today. To start i started to loose some fish and corals. My first was a tang which what i have learned was my first. It struggled one day like i had no air in my tank. All fish was acting the same so i put a air stone in the tank and turned off my skimmer and reactor. He came back full force. Being new so i did what we never should do is get 2 large fish for my birthday. A dog face and a trigger. Then it went to hell my tang died 2 days later with no signs. Then my first clown kept hiding and then came up missing. My trigger was the last to quit eating . My puffer would not come out at all and my Valentini was not eating my tang was rubbing on the rock and sides constantly. I had no clue what was going on, my wife called me the next day and said my trigger was dying and eyes were foggy. I went straight to fish store and a girl said you have flukes. Tried freshwater dip and next morning was dead I added this and 3 days later my valentini and crab and reef all So for now I'm a believer looked better and were

eating like we would.

Steve Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have and do use it. Just did my egg treatment today. To start i started to loose some fish and corals. My first was a tang which what i have learned was my first. It struggled one day like i had no air in my tank. All fish was acting the same so i put a air stone in the tank and turned off my skimmer and reactor. He came back full force. Being new so i did what we never should do is get 2 large fish for my birthday. A dog face and a trigger. Then it went to hell my tang died 2 days later with no signs. Then my first clown kept hiding and then came up missing. My trigger was the last to quit eating . My puffer would not come out at all and my Valentini was not eating my tang was rubbing on the rock and sides constantly. I had no clue what was going on, my wife called me the next day and said my trigger was dying and eyes were foggy. I went straight to fish store and a girl said you have flukes. Tried freshwater dip and next morning was dead I added this and 3 days later my valentini and crab and reef all So for now I'm a believer looked better and were

eating like we would.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I add to my DT reef, should I add any aeration or is that only neede for a bath? I know it says turn off skimmer, is it ok to just remove the cup and increase the skimmer’s flow so it overflows heavy foam to the sump. I did this when I treated fluconazole(reef flux) for briopsis since those instructions also said turn off skimmer.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some other people experienced it since? Is it reef safe, it seems some people claim that they loose their corals after it?

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it since this old thread was posted. I didn't lose any corals but I don't really have anything 'sensitive'. On the other hand I also still lost a bunch of fish so I'm not certain it actually did anything.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it since this old thread was posted. I didn't lose any corals but I don't really have anything 'sensitive'. On the other hand I also still lost a bunch of fish so I'm not certain it actually did anything.
That's my experience with this supposedly "reef safe, treat all" liquids

tbow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Ruby Reef Rally for Brook. At the store, I give every new clown a 1 hour bath in it before they get acclimated to the system. In short, yes it's a good product. I've never used it in a display, but it claims to be safe. It's good to have around for velvet outbreaks, again in a bath solution, not in the tank. It's worth having if you plan to add new fish soon or if you never QT'd your fish before. I wouldn't get it just to have, though, without any plans to use it.
It just found out I have brook on two of my clowns… any advice.. proper way to bathe them etc… I’m new to this

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back