Is there anyone else like this?

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm still new to salt water and reef keeping even tho I've had tanks I've got a 40 Breeder now I've had for 4 years when I was testing water doing water changes etc it seemed like all I had was problems I was even to the point where I was about to give up I stopped testing my water I dont even have a kit I hadn't done a water change in 3 years! Any coral I would put in would die before the change now everything is thriving and in balance all algae is under control Does anyone not test water? No water change? I dose All for Reef and I just have soft coral and a Anemone that's all growing and thriving

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run ULNS so I do test about every 60 days to adjust dosing but that’s about it. In last 14 years the only water changed was from vacuuming or topping off due to skimmer lowering salinity.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm still new to salt water and reef keeping even tho I've had tanks I've got a 40 Breeder now I've had for 4 years when I was testing water doing water changes etc it seemed like all I had was problems I was even to the point where I was about to give up I stopped testing my water I dont even have a kit I hadn't done a water change in 3 years! Any coral I would put in would die before the change now everything is thriving and in balance all algae is under control Does anyone not test water? No water change? I dose All for Reef and I just have soft coral and a Anemone that's all growing and thriving
Not sure adding A4R without testing for all at a minimum is a good idea. Especially since you don’t have stony corals sucking in the calcium, mag, alk etc

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far Coral List is Duncans,Acans,Frog spawn,Hammer,Candy Cane, Toadstool The amount of A4R added Daily is 9 mil the Salt I originally started with and still have plenty actually is just Regular instant ocean Not Reef crystals or any of the reef salts so honestly that's probably why none of my Coral did well but are now doing well

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back