Pump from QT

OGKro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i had to do a water change and i only had one more pump that was running in my QT. The qt is fishless right now but i completely forgot there was still copper in the water. I used that pump to mix my water that goes in my main tank. I immediately put carbon in the sump of my main tank to remove it tho.

Is this going to be a fatal mistake for my corals ?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i had to do a water change and i only had one more pump that was running in my QT. The qt is fishless right now but i completely forgot there was still copper in the water. I used that pump to mix my water that goes in my main tank. I immediately put carbon in the sump of my main tank to remove it tho.

Cuprisorb will remove copper effectively. Copper will also kill invertebrates.

Upvote 0

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm assuming you just picked up the pump, let it drip for a minute, and dropped it in the mixing vat. Turned it on and thought, "oh no".
Correct?

If it was me....
I would not worry one bit. Not enough copper to do diddly squat. Did you know, copper is in seawater anyway?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

OGKro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you just picked up the pump, let it drip for a minute, and dropped it in the mixing vat. Turned it on and thought, "oh no".
Correct?

If it was me....
I would not worry one bit. Not enough copper to do diddly squat. Did you know, copper is in seawater anyway?
Yeah i picked up the pump and let it drip for a bit. But it was still wet. Mixed the saltwater and poured the water in the sump. I immediately used carbon and zeolite to remove excess copper if too much made it in.

No i didn't know. I thought copper was a big nono and you dont want one bit of it in your water.

Should i keep the carbon and zeolite in the sump ? If so for how long ?
I also bought cuprisorb and will get it friday.

What would you do in my place ?

Upvote 0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 117 74.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back