Is this a pest/bug/egg on this acropora granulosa

jibson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have this SPS frag - acropora granulosa. I dip all my corals in reef primer before putting in my tank. I saw some small white dots moving about on it today, prob more notice than on other frags I have here as it's a lot darker. Polyp extension was okay, not amazing. Once I saw this, I decided to give it another dip in reef primer - hence no PE on this new picture. However, on return to the tank, these white dots remained, look almost like eggs? The moving white parts looked very small and not the same size as white pests I've seen around on forums. Should I be worried? If so, what advice is there? See pic below. Thanks

WhatsApp Image (1).jpeg

OP
OP
jibson

jibson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say white bugs.. but you’re saying they don’t move at all?
They were before the dip and a lot more of them, but those ones from the photo seem to have not moved in the last hour or so since the dip. I really hope not white bugs, super annoying to try and find treatment for these in the UK.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were before the dip and a lot more of them, but those ones from the photo seem to have not moved in the last hour or so since the dip. I really hope not white bugs, super annoying to try and find treatment for these in the UK.
I’m not sure then.. maybe the dip killed them? Do they blow off with a turkey baster or anything now?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought Reef Primer potassium chloride. Could be wrong though. KCl does not work on white bugs IME. Only milbemycin oxime.

If a bug is moving around on live acro flesh, it is not a good bug.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back