OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned a free days ago what this little temple warning ⚠️ symbol means on the Apex EB832 means…

IMG_6937.jpeg

My EcoFlow battery backup was in the middle of recharging after an overnight power outage..

IMG_6936.png

This caused the voltage to drop. Luckily everything was running fine and the Ecoflow system load balanced the charging and AC draw.

Widdlyscudds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week together and these two (Powder Blue and Chocolate) are not showing signs of aggression towards each other or anyone else:

IMG_7125.jpeg

The purple is a little feisty but a mirror on the other end is distracting him.
Nice I was wondering when the powder blue was gonna make it back in the display

bpetty13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the tangs look great! Looks like the acclimation box worked out well for the reintroduction.

From the video it looks like you have some red cyano going on. I do too right now and am having a heck of time getting rid of it. Are you doing anything specific to treat it?

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the tangs look great! Looks like the acclimation box worked out well for the reintroduction.

From the video it looks like you have some red cyano going on. I do too right now and am having a heck of time getting rid of it. Are you doing anything specific to treat it?

I've been waiting on the system to balance a bit but I have Cyano and algae growth (which seems to be slowly receding). I have chemiclean ready to go but have been a bit busy to start the treatment -- also waiting to make sure my nutrient levels are where I want them before doing the treatment. Chemiclean worked great in two other tanks at different times and definitely will do it again if the nutrient balance doesn't take care of it for me.

Widdlyscudds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had cyano kill every single coral I owned a couple months ago while I was out of town, I would nip that in the bud by any means necessary. Curious how well the chemiclean will work If you decide to go that route.

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had cyano kill every single coral I owned a couple months ago while I was out of town, I would nip that in the bud by any means necessary. Curious how well the chemiclean will work If you decide to go that route.
I’ve used it in my 50 gallon setup in my office. Albeit the office aquarium is smaller and not housing sensitive coral outside of branching gsp and several mushrooms, with only a few small fish. Nonetheless chemiclean worked as stated and the cyano has not come back.

I’m more hesitant about the larger tank though. With larger, messier fish, and SPS that I’d like to keep alive—-I should do it soon though.

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry for today:

Dosed 18 even scoops of dissolved Chemiclean into the tank just now. I'll be watching closely and journal the experience over the next 48 hours. Hopefully this kicks the cyano back significantly without any coral damage.

Noting ORP is at 279. (Not sure why I'm nothing this but the increase in oxidizers in the water may signal on orp probe, so I'm just curious.)

Skimmer is running without the cup on.

Pictures for my own reference:

IMG_7153(1).JPG

IMG_7152(1).JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the images above, in the previous post, the cyano seems to have (mostly?) gone. I think I see some pale remnants here and there in the tank, but not sure if it’s cyano.

But now I need to figure out the water change…

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Christmas Day recording of tank with no cyano marks…except for the edge of the sand glass meeting point…i do see red.

Need to siphon out the Dino build up now…

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 36 36.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 54 54.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.0%
Back