JBJ nano RL 30 and SK-45 skimmer

jimeni1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post about the new SK 45 skimmer. Just got the 30 rl last night. Local shop had the sk 45 on sale for 99 and let me have it for 89. I couldnt pass it up. I had a hard time making up my mind on a skimmer. Too many opinions, and models to choose. The facts on the sk 45 as I see them so far. It is completely silent. It fits in either one of the rl 30 heater columns, so you dont lose a media chamber. It is very well made. I hope to have the tank going this weekend, and transfer my sebae anemone and percula in the next week. I also have a flame hawk, but this is mainly for the anemone and clown. Also got 2 orbit marine led fixtures. VERY nice lights. I will add more pictures when its set up.

Attachments

• IMAG0046-2.jpg
    IMAG0046-2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 626
OP
OP
J

jimeni1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:neutral:
Just wanted to post about the new SK 45 skimmer. Just got the 30 rl last night. Local shop had the sk 45 on sale for 99 and let me have it for 89. I couldnt pass it up. I had a hard time making up my mind on a skimmer. Too many opinions, and models to choose. The facts on the sk 45 as I see them so far. It is completely silent. It fits in either one of the rl 30 heater columns, so you dont lose a media chamber. It is very well made. I hope to have the tank going this weekend, and transfer my sebae anemone and percula in the next week. I also have a flame hawk, but this is mainly for the anemone and clown. Also got 2 orbit marine led fixtures. VERY nice lights. I will add more pictures when its set up.

OP
OP
J

jimeni1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know what happened there. It did not post my last comment with the quote. I needed to make a correction. The SK 45 will only fit in the left heater column, as in the picture. I did not realize the columns were different sizes until I was washing the tank today. Got water and sand in it. No leaks. WOOHOO. Now to fight the urge to transfer fish and corals for 5 days or so.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 106 76.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back