Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
update on the Matt V time machine
I broke my old clip on filter and bought the orphek one. still figuring out what i like. so i posted two pics with different filter combinations. what i see is between these two pics. in the one the pink/reds seem a little exaggerated the other no quite there. I liked my old filter, it was just orange and worked under most conditions to make my pics look like what i see.
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
CC kombucha, one of the slowest corals ever to grace my tank. Love it but lately can't get it to grow.
Interesting Joe. I picked one of those up a couple of months ago and it has been one of my best growing Tenuis. Yours appears to be a lot more colorful than mine though. Well done! I'll have to get a pic this evening so you can tell me how it compares to yours and what the eye sees.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Interesting Joe. I picked one of those up a couple of months ago and it has been one of my best growing Tenuis. Yours appears to be a lot more colorful than mine though. Well done! I'll have to get a pic this evening so you can tell me how it compares to yours and what the eye sees.
some of the color i think might be because its a little upset and why its still not growing. but even before i thought it was slow, occasionally went threw a spurt but, i thought overall it was slow for me. I get a picture later of just it and post an old pic of what it looked like in my display and you can compare.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on the Matt V time machine
I broke my old clip on filter and bought the orphek one. still figuring out what i like. so i posted two pics with different filter combinations. what i see is between these two pics. in the one the pink/reds seem a little exaggerated the other no quite there. I liked my old filter, it was just orange and worked under most conditions to make my pics look like what i see.
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
Wow
I have 2 time machines from 2 different sources and they both look the same……which is terrible compared to yours.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Is that some grafting going on at those coralites??
I don't think so, i'm seeing just a little bit of pink on some of the coralites but otherwise i think what you are seeing is reflection or a little too bright for the camera settings or whatever. when i look at it in the tank i don't see anything that looks like grafting.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow
I have 2 time machines from 2 different sources and they both look the same……which is terrible compared to yours.
I got mine from Cherry Corals. there is always a chance they made a mistake but its one of my current favorites and has looked great from the start, there was a brief bit where i almost killed it, but otherwise, seem consistently happy with good PE.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back