Josh's first and a half reef

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through your thread. Very cool. And only a 10. Sweet. Think I'm becoming an acan lover. That multicolored one is sweet. Also like the ricordeas. I think lps is so much more entertaining than sps. Great build brother.

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! Flow carry's them opposite the monti and there just barely out of reach of everything else. A snail bulldozed it into an acan so it has a nice bit of flesh missing now

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Only real issue is top offs if the water gets too low I get a gurgle so an ato should fix that but my water surface is crystal clear so its awesome. I'm working on a new home for everything new sump stand etc

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stunner is crazy resilliant. I got a good sized piece. 2 smaller pieces fell off. The smaller one fell onto my meteor shower. I picked it up. It fell on my blue candy cane. I picked it up. It fell on my torch. Etc.... then it disappeared for two+ weeks. Found it a week ago.under the live rock in the dark. Its almost back to color. Lol and its only a half inch piece. Nice sps though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that always seems to happen to me when I glue things. Ya I'm hoping it comes back I really like it so well see

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I used to have a few sexy shrimp in a 5 gallon, and I think you just convinced me to get some more. I forgot how cool they are.

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks wiz really appreciate it. My sexys are awesome they've split into 2 groups one owns the Xenia and the other the frogspawn its pretty funny its like a westside story dance off when they cross paths lol

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little bit of an upgrade today swapping out the 10 for 20g shallow with a glass holes overflow and new stand hopefully its a smooth transition

Last edited:
OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is in!! Took a few days and a bit of modification to the stand but I'm almost done. The overflow is a bit noisy if I'm honest but overall I'm happy with the glass holes kit and it beats the old setup. I put the old 10 underneath and am using it as a temp sump while I work a few things out. Some pics of the build have an aquaclear hob on till the sand clears up the girls building the stand the sump area in shambles lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live stock is in and I picked up a remora skimmer for the sump still playing with the rock work

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update FTS got a lot done this weekend added tons of new corals from my brothers tank breakdown some happy some not so much also put a kessil 150 in the sump area and picked up next reef 13g sump haven't put it in yet as you can see I'm rocking the old 10g temporarily lol and if anyone can identify this bad boy, its not happy and the pic sux its purple and green looks like a type of acan or something

macscale

Ok.. Ok.. I'm Obssesed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bigger tank is looking good!
Sorry I had missed your thread, everything seems to be going well!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%

Back