Jourdy's 90 Gallon Mixed Reef

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is awesome! Most of the z's and p's you have aren't even that rare, you just know how to put them together and make them beautiful! I'm not gonna ask for your settings, just, how did you get them? Since they were on a "frag tank" (that name is too degrading) did you just experiment until you had the right settings?

Last edited:

DecanoLA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colors (and health) on these corals are just ridiculous !!! I don't know if its the camera, the lighting, the water, or what... they are so nice it doesn't even look real !!! ...And I'm not even a big Zoa/Paly fan...

Congratulations again, I think this tank is INSPIRING (to say the least)! the colors, the contrasts, the scape... I've had your tank as my desktop background at work for ages now...

..Oh and I am also waiting for the video!!!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, to all those asking for the Radion Schedule via PM, I promise to send it once I export it. I am having a bit of difficulty with ESL haha.
Please note that my current schedule is just on trial right now, and it might not be optimal for your tanks. I think I am trying it out now with 4 hours at 100%, so it might easily burn your corals!
Additional note: 3 radions (non pro) with TIR lens on a 125gal 5ft x 2ft x 20" tank, hanging at around 14" from water surface.

Wow those are some sick pics. Love all your zoas and chalices.
Awesome update! The vibrance of your tank is crazy!

Thank you! :)

Please let me know. Do you have your old one saved?
I lost the old one when I reformatted the computer. And when I moved residence, I think the memory on the Radion got erased or something? I just know it wasn't working right haha.

Your tank is awesome! Most of the z's and p's you have aren't even that rare, you just know how to put them together and make them beautiful! I'm not gonna ask for your settings, just, how did you get them? Since they were on a "frag tank" (that name is too degrading) did you just experiment until you had the right settings?

Thank you! I don't think I can ever catch up with the latest zoas and palys LOL. They are too expensive for me (the buying power of the Philippine Peso is too weak) and logistics problems - it is very hard to get them (have to buy from other countries). Shipping problems, DOA concerns (had that happen before). I am content with cheap, colorful zoas :)

I just like putting them in clumps and watch them get plump. To be honest, even beginners can do that, it's just that I think most people prefer to keep them areas with a LOT of room to grow (which means more zoas and more money of course).

As for the settings, I have had a radion since 2011, which is why I am a bit experienced with the color schemes. I have spent a lot of hours just watching those pretty lights back in 2011 LOL. If only people saw me IRL looking at my tank with the laptop hooked up to the radions at 3am in the morning with only red lights turned on, they would think I am ever more crazy! :) I experimented and realized that the Radions are pretty weak in intensity compared to other light systems out there.. I don't think I have burned any coral in the 3 years that i have owned them.

The colors (and health) on these corals are just ridiculous !!! I don't know if its the camera, the lighting, the water, or what... they are so nice it doesn't even look real !!! ...And I'm not even a big Zoa/Paly fan...

Congratulations again, I think this tank is INSPIRING (to say the least)! the colors, the contrasts, the scape... I've had your tank as my desktop background at work for ages now...

..Oh and I am also waiting for the video!!!
Glad to hear someone else is appreciating my tank other than myself! LOL.
It definitely is the lights. I shoot pictures during dawn and dusk, when the blues are prominent.
And also proper camera techniques. There are numerous people out there who, up to this point, believe that I photoshop these pictures. Even the guy who built my tank thought so! Haha.

When reefers come over to my house (and not having seen Radions before), they really get shocked with the colors. Even though they have LEDs as well, the colors are just different, according to them at least. First off, I like the Radions over other LEDs I have seen because the light rays of the bulbs blend, unlike some other brands. The spectrum is just amazing.

Here is a quick video. Note that it is taken at night mode which is why it's a bit dark! Haha. My tank lights open at around 11AM, and I took the video around 10AM.
This video is straight from the camera. Please forgive my video skills as I don't think I have ever taken a video of my tank before. Maybe next time I will take a better video with proper lighting - when I get my tripod.

[video=youtube;byMU3rAdt_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byMU3rAdt_U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick video. Note that it is taken at night mode which is why it's a bit dark! Haha. My tank lights open at around 11AM, and I took the video around 10AM.
This video is straight from the camera. Please forgive my video skills as I don't think I have ever taken a video of my tank before. Maybe next time I will take a better video with proper lighting - when I get my tripod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byMU3rAdt_U&feature=youtu.be
Love it! Nothing wrong with your video skills, look just like your pictures!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the radion settings I use:
Jourdy.etg

My schedule is from 11AM to 11PM. Might need to calibrate with your viewing times hehe.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the radion settings I use:
Jourdy.etg

My schedule is from 11AM to 11PM. Might need to calibrate with your viewing times hehe.
to veiw are we suppose to download something from that page ? cause its really not showing anything

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to veiw are we suppose to download something from that page ? cause its really not showing anything

There should be a countdown there saying:

Please wait 10 seconds, running down to 0.
Then the clickable button will appear, "Download File Now!"

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New
I have had success with tilefish before. Got them to eat pellets but the jumping is a problem.
CWB31Wel.jpg

Tiger queen anthias
hOjYhm7l.jpg

Purple firefish
uX5UZBdl.jpg

Male clown protecting their nest. They spawn every 2 weeks or so.
Gzoru2Kl.jpg

First time I got to take a picture of this guy. He's been with me for about 2 years. very very fat!
Uq3l6CXl.jpg

Went to the beach this past weekend. Got a couple of frags.
They're wild caught though, so they change colors fast.

loD1gfVl.jpg

namtFIXl.jpg

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As always, WOW! Great work. And what are you talking about?? Your sump is spotless! You should see mine, its a mess:)

Hey, if you want to sell a frag of that crazy rainbow chalice to help with the cost of the move, PM me. That's a nice one!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jourdy your fish don't mind the lights being on all the time

What do you mean?
My lights are only on 12 hours a day :)

As always, WOW! Great work. And what are you talking about?? Your sump is spotless! You should see mine, its a mess:)

Hey, if you want to sell a frag of that crazy rainbow chalice to help with the cost of the move, PM me. That's a nice one!

Thank you! I have seen lots of builds here in R2R that I could only dream of. Haha.
Thanks for the offer but I don't think it's possible since I am from the Philippines. It is illegal by law to export corals :)

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, darn! I should have saw that! Now we see what kind of treasures you guys are keeping for yourselves!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a couple of weeks ago, I bought a new skimmer and the new Maxspect Gyre.

RO Elite 200 INT
09JUoidl.jpg

My other Ecotech MP40 keeps blinking red and green and the driver is just a about year old! I would realign it (takes me about 50 times to adjust the wet side) and then it would do the same thing everytime I turn off the pumps. Getting tired of it.

As for updates,

My phosphate reading is at 0.
WHIaZwWl.jpg

It has been 2 or 3 weeks since I got the wild caught SPS. Some have darkened a bit but the color is at least still retained. Even at very low phosphate readings, their colors still change a bit.
Haha. I added some tonga rocks for SPS frags I will be getting soon. The anthias have all disappeared! :squigglemouth: I got a female Lineatus wrasse.

RMcbqRal.jpg

1lfoHyOl.jpg

Zoa rock is full
PrZT0jml.jpg

r6mdBwWl.jpg

qzg54NNl.jpg

er5bOJ8l.jpg

My frag tank is also now operational
tH9bwBbl.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice update tried to access your graph but just having too much trouble doing so keep the pics coming

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back