OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build is so clean! The interior of the stand is quite impressive. I need to take notes!

Thanks!!!... I'm actually kind of annoyed and looking for some kind of kitchen ware to pack the media and stuff... Also need to run an additional raceway for the cabling going down from the acuarium to the rack (I'll probably get to it when the display pump is installed).

On an additional note, "zero micro bubbles" from the skimmer this morning.

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOOppps... I did it again!!!

0076.jpg

There it goes the Noodle Soup as well... Bread and water for a long time :p

Also fixed the cabinet a little...

0077.jpg

:)

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOOppps... I did it again!!!

0076.jpg

There it goes the Noodle Soup as well... Bread and water for a long time :p

Also fixed the cabinet a little...

0077.jpg

Lol I'm old enough to know that quote. Looks great . I am once again going to steal your idea (whiteboard!)

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!!... I'm actually kind of annoyed and looking for some kind of kitchen ware to pack the media and stuff... Also need to run an additional raceway for the cabling going down from the acuarium to the rack (I'll probably get to it when the display pump is installed).

On an additional note, "zero micro bubbles" from the skimmer this morning.
IKEA is your friend (containers)

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IKEA is your friend (containers)

Ah!, I've already gotten the canisters from the container store (Visible in the picture) ;)

Setting up the MP10 tomorrow and waiting patiently for the bloom to decide if I'll be adding a few guys to clean it up (Emerald Crab and a few Blue Legged Hermit crabs on stand by).

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vortech pump installed first thing in the morning...

0079.jpg

0078.jpg

Programed the schedule...

0080.png

And also decided for a permanent program for the lights... Is a small modification of the Coral Lab SPS AB+ to run at 75% (The acclimation setting will be turned on for 15 days right after I add the first coral on day 14).

0081.png

Day 4 of the cycle... Dosing the ZeoVit program later at night...

Moving along....

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day seven of Nitrogen cycle

Ammonia has started to drop (0.2 reading today), still no Nitrites or Nitrates.

Stopped dosing the Sponge power and increased the ZeoStart to 30 units (0.3 ml) to help reduce the ammonia.

The program calls for the introduction of the first fish on day 10, but if the ammonia doesn't recede I will postpone it, and so the carbon dosing.

I wish I had ordered an MP40 pump instead; chances are I will have to add a second pump once the tank gets populated down the road... Very happy with the programing though.

Itching!!!...

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an MP40 on my 50 cube. I couldn't run it over 30% without creating a sandstorm or blowing frags around.

Isn't better to have an MP40 powerhead running at 20% than a MP10 at full blast?... Running the Nutrient Transport schedule at 100% and the Reef Crest at 90% but I'm not truly happy with the flow at the opposite end.... The good thing is the 5mm aragonite doesn't blow away to easily

EchoPapaGolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mp40 wet side is huge compared to the mp10 and a bit of an obtrusive eye sore. But, I agree that the 10 struggles to push flow all 36".

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mp40 wet side is huge compared to the mp10 and a bit of an obtrusive eye sore. But, I agree that the 10 struggles to push flow all 36".

On that you are absolutely right... the MP40 would look way too big inside this display.

Saw the recent update on your tank.... You are flying!!! :)

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 10 of the Nitrogen Cycle

Still have detectable ammonia (0.02 ppm), but I decided to stick to the program down to the dot...

10% water change, introduced the Aqua Gadget Media baskets (Using Filter Floss only) and also the ZeoVit activated carbon (36 grams inside a mesh bag).

Also introduced the 1st resident... Ladies and Gents, please meet Wilson :)

0082.jpg

The White Stripe Maroon Clown has always been one of my favorite fish; I know they tend to be aggressive as they get bigger in size, but in the mean time the plan is to enjoy of him... Maybe I get lucky like the last time, and this one grows to be chill.

Still dosing 20 Units (0.2 ml) of Zeo Start daily, a drop of ZeoBack twice a week and will be performing 2 gallon water changes every 4th day until water parameters are 100% stable, once they are, will begin to dose the Bi-Ionic Calcium / Alkalinity program and also the Magnesium.

Moving Along!!!....

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal lesson of the day:

For those of you interested in using the Aqua Gadget reactor for the Zeolite media, 1. Fill the media in line with the overflow water level (This guarantees the media will always be submerged, even during water changes) and 2. "DO NOT" raise the canister to flush the mulm, you can accomplish this by spinning it instead...

Allowing air into the media is detrimental to the colonizing bacteria residing in it.

On a separate note, Wilson is a bum, he already knows his feeding spot and swims up to the tube every time I come by... Feeding well on Spectrum sinking pellets and frozen Misis/Brine shrimp.

Ah!, will begin to dose ZeoFood tomorrow, the guys at KZ replied confirming the component is not only meant for corals but also for the bacteria... so it seems I've been starving them.

Just ordered a Small Sarcophyton (Good option to anchor Wilson to a spot in the tank), now chasing a Montipora Digidata colony.

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 47.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 63 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.5%
Back