thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build - really like that tank
a question on those LEDs if you don't mind (nice mounting system by the way)
you have it 26" from the bottom of the tank - what size is the spread pattern at that height for one of those fixtures?
I'll measure it out tonight for ya and get back to you. There's DEFINITELY some overlap with the way I have these set up. Two fixtures puts off a ton of light but one fixture wouldn't have been enough.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice build - really like that tank
a question on those LEDs if you don't mind (nice mounting system by the way)
you have it 26" from the bottom of the tank - what size is the spread pattern at that height for one of those fixtures?

It's hard to really tell but you get about 2 feet of what I could consider "useable" light from each fixture, so about 4" out from each side.

Thanks for the compliments on the rack. Worked with a great welder who had some awesome ideas I never even thought of considering I'm not a fabricator.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of the sliding rack that the LED fixtures sit in.

web.jpg

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, seems like a slow night on R2R so I think I'm going to get the ReefKeeper Elite setup and mounted on/in the stand.

Tank has been running with water since last night and so far so good! Will move her to her final resting place on Saturday and start the scaping!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys, having some issues with the silicone, completely drained her today.

Got some very visible (plain as day in a FTS) gaps/bubbles in the silicone and I'm not very comfortable keeping it filled up as is. Been going back and forth with the retailer/manufacturer today so we'll see what happens... Given the amount of $$$ I spent on this I'm expecting the manufacturer to pull through and make this right.

Edit: :sad:

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys, having some issues with the silicone, completely drained her today.

Got some very visible (plain as day in a FTS) gaps/bubbles in the silicone and I'm not very comfortable keeping it filled up as is. Been going back and forth with the retailer/manufacturer today so we'll see what happens... Given the amount of $$$ I spent on this I'm expecting the manufacturer to pull through and make this right.

Edit: :sad:
That really sucks and I hope it all works out for you bro,I always look forward to updates on your project and it sucks to hear what you have come across.I hope the manufactuer makes good and you are back at it in no time:(

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manufacturer is replacing the tank, new delivery date TBD.

Here are a couple shots from before I drained her. Look at how much that light the single LED puts off and that's only with the 2 outer panels on. Just wait til you see what it looks like with both of them over it. What do you guys think about the scape? Didn't spend a whole lot of time on it before I noticed the silicone issue but I kinda liked it.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thank the good lord for Vortech! I'd go insane with these **** powerheads in there forever.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank isn't being replaced but let's leave that to the other thread.

Filling her back up tonight and playin with the scape.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not a whole lot goin on, starting to get some algae growth but everything's going pretty well.

I ordered a PAR38 20k from nanotuners today and a LED Neo Arm fixture from AquaTouch to light the frag section in the sump, should work out pretty sweet.

Here's an updated FTS (only the outside panels on 1 LED fixture running, other fixture is over current 40g):
web.jpg

Received my Frag Racks and Skimmer stand from The Blue Glow today, thanks again Andy!
web.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back