K7 PRO III Spectrum Sharing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which layout is correct? Is one an older or newer model?

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 120

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are exactly the same

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Led diode counts are different. One has more royal blue than the other.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they either swapped the RB and 430 or one of the charts is wrong... who knows with these guys... they don't communicate well at all.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if there is any benefit to running the red and green channel. Only curious because my frag tank is running a light that has no red or green channel and there is zero algae in the tank. But I am currently running the three noops and have red to ramp up to 10 and green I believe to 5. White maxes at 15. Fighting GhA and thinking of cutting the red and green channel off to see what happens. Thoughts?

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
K7 PRO III on a nano 40 40 45 cm SPS reef Tank spectrum setting

Coral Love

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
10   2   0
I run 6 V3 pros over a 6 foot LPS tank, before getting them I lost all yellow in my grail torches due to the poor spectrum of old black box LED fixtures. It only took 1 month to get that elite holy grail yellow back in my torch collection!

Thank you @noopsyche

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run 6 V3 pros over a 6 foot LPS tank, before getting them I lost all yellow in my grail torches due to the poor spectrum of old black box LED fixtures. It only took 1 month to get that elite holy grail yellow back in my torch collection!

Thank you @noopsyche
Hi! Thank you for telling us, so glad to hear this and Noopsyche will bring you more happy results! :)

JoeyBagadonuts

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you @noopsyche
Hey Coral Love,

Did you have a custom profile that you used or one of the pre-set programs?

Coral Love

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
10   2   0
Custom profile with blues, purples, and violets @ 100% and whites, reds and greens no more then 10 or 15 percent for LPS. Six fixtures equally spaced on a 6' tank.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would any of you guys be willing to help me make a schedule for my Flex 32.5 that would be decent? I'm trying to get more well versed in working on this but haven't got it fine tuned yet. I'm looking to just run some simple softies, frogspawn, hammers, nepthea, stuff like that

Aztecaphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would any of you guys be willing to help me make a schedule for my Flex 32.5 that would be decent? I'm trying to get more well versed in working on this but haven't got it fine tuned yet. I'm looking to just run some simple softies, frogspawn, hammers, nepthea, stuff like that
Just use the preloaded settings acording with your tank needs: SPS, LPS or MIx. If you want to change the time settings, go to the proper tab and do it. Also, you can change there the power ammount of each channel. I suggest you to use the lps settings as you want softies and such.
Or, using the lps settings, let me know your time schedule and I´ll try to do it and post the QR.

matskibanov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, new kid in the hobby here hehe. I have a 150-liter mixed reef (60x40x50 cm plus sump) that's running for a bit over a year now. my lighting is Noopsyche v3 wi fi 140w which is placed about 23 cm (9 inches) above the surface and the rock for SPS is about 18 cm (7 inches) below the surface (I'll attach a picture) I managed to have stable parameters for a few months and most of the LPS and softies I've been keeping are thriving, I tried a forest fire digitata and a blue stylo and they grow just fine so I decided to give acro a try. after a few days, the acro frags seems okay (judging form PE), but the coloration especially the yellow ones start turning more and more to solid green.

from what I've been reading here and there this is most likely caused by lack of light (PAR), new environment shock, or too much blue in the light. considering the situation, all three might be possible but I'm curious about the blue light thing. since this post is about the spectrum, is there anybody with a closely similar tank size and setup who has been successful and would like to share their light setting?

p.s: this is an old photo of the tank at its earlier stage (those acros at the top are no longer there)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 53

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, new kid in the hobby here hehe. I have a 150-liter mixed reef (60x40x50 cm plus sump) that's running for a bit over a year now. my lighting is Noopsyche v3 wi fi 140w which is placed about 23 cm (9 inches) above the surface and the rock for SPS is about 18 cm (7 inches) below the surface (I'll attach a picture) I managed to have stable parameters for a few months and most of the LPS and softies I've been keeping are thriving, I tried a forest fire digitata and a blue stylo and they grow just fine so I decided to give acro a try. after a few days, the acro frags seems okay (judging form PE), but the coloration especially the yellow ones start turning more and more to solid green.

from what I've been reading here and there this is most likely caused by lack of light (PAR), new environment shock, or too much blue in the light. considering the situation, all three might be possible but I'm curious about the blue light thing. since this post is about the spectrum, is there anybody with a closely similar tank size and setup who has been successful and would like to share their light setting?

p.s: this is an old photo of the tank at its earlier stage (those acros at the top are no longer there)
Can depend on factors such as parameters and nutrients as well. Not always dependent on par. A list of tests would help narrow down if it’s a light issue or parameter issue.
Also, what kind of tank is that? Really interesting size and shape!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, Acros can go green for a little bit while adjusting to your tank.

matskibanov

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can depend on factors such as parameters and nutrients as well. Not always dependent on par. A list of tests would help narrow down if it’s a light issue or parameter issue.
Also, what kind of tank is that? Really interesting size and shape!
I see, I read somewhere that greening can also be caused by too much iron. Would you recommend a reliable test kit aside from ICP, since it's not available in my country?

Thanks! The tank was custom-made to fit into my limited space, hence the dimension. There are plenty of local aquarium makers here in Indonesia, some are accustomed to making saltwater-specific tank

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back