Kamoer X2SR - unable to re-connect to app

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the solution; which worked from Kamoer support. Note my phone can't be set only to 2.4Ghz for a Wi-Fi hotspot. So I used a travel router Wi-Fi hotspot; which could. The only remaining issue it how to re-connect it to my regular home network. I am currently waiting for that answer from their support person.
i tried this and it did not work.

jjlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked for me for the first day, then the day after the device disappeared from the app. So I'm back to unable to change its settings.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It worked for me for the first day, then the day after the device disappeared from the app. So I'm back to unable to change its settings.
i would suggest tossing them in the trash. they are good pumps, but the app is pure trash and is not going to get fixed. Especially at this price point. Ive had zero issues with my eco tech versa.

jjlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know about the eco tech versa, I am considering it. I am also considering hacking the Kamoer unit and make it compatible with smart home systems like home assistant. Turning on a pump at a specified time, for a length of time should be pretty easy. I would have experiment with it, it appears to have an esp32 controller in it which could be reprogramed or replaced.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know about the eco tech versa, I am considering it. I am also considering hacking the Kamoer unit and make it compatible with smart home systems like home assistant. Turning on a pump at a specified time, for a length of time should be pretty easy. I would have experiment with it, it appears to have an esp32 controller in it which could be reprogramed or replaced.
well i have a nano 25 gal, i wanted the capability to dose under 1ml. the versa can dose .01ml at the minimum. Its worth every penny. I will be getting a reef pi this year, Im saving mine useless x1 pro for the pi.

Zoloduv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying all day, it fails on the binding process
I have the same issue. Everything worked just fine yesterday. Today I open the app and see that the x2sr is offline. Reconnecting it fails each time at the final binding stage.

jjlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, on the one day it was working, I set it to do two makeup water changes, now I'm stuck with 4 a day and can't change it back to two. Kameor tech stopped answering 4 days ago. So it's probably best to avoid their products.

Chee-tomorpha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the solution; which worked from Kamoer support. Note my phone can't be set only to 2.4Ghz for a Wi-Fi hotspot. So I used a travel router Wi-Fi hotspot; which could. The only remaining issue it how to re-connect it to my regular home network. I am currently waiting for that answer from their support person.

In my situation, I have a Google Mesh wifi network. I also have a few wifi range extenders that broadcast just the 2.4ghz channel. I wanted to rename my wifi range extenders while redistributing them around the house.

By doing so, I lost connection with my X2SR unit. When resetting the device by holding the Reset button for a few seconds. When the unit came back on, the status LED would blink green (I guess yellow per documentation) for a few seconds and then turn a solid red. No matter how many times I reset and cleared the app cache, uninstalled and deleted the app, and recreated my Kamoer account. I got the same results.

I then came across this post. I was about to give up but the document @jjlink posted got me halfway there.

1713725354953.png

This is what I did, mileage may vary.

1. I took my son's Pixel phone to establish the wifi hotspot per the document. NOTE: the hotspot has to provide access to the internet (allows tethering with a data plan). I found that using an old phone that didn't have tethering, the steps didn't get me any results.

2. Once the hotspot is set up and turned on. I performed the reset steps on the X2SR by pressing and holding the Reset button for a few seconds. Once I heard the beep I let go. When the unit reboots, the status LED blinks green, a few times, and then a solid green. I checked how many devices were on the hotspot and it showed that I had one. NOTE: It will only turn green if you set up the hotspot exactly, case sensitive.

3. I then used my phone to connect to the same hotspot and opened the Kamoer app. Once on the main My Devices screen, I went to add a new device. I saw the X2SR under the local list at the top. I clicked on it and established a connection to the unit. When completed, it became available to interact with from the My Devices page.

4. At this point, I can interact with it but it isn't on my home network and I didn't want to set up a hotspot each time I needed to interact with it. I started looking around the app and the device settings and found that under the Settings -> Update, I had a notification to update, highlighted in red font. I went through updating the unit. I believe the unit rebooted at least once. When it was fully updated, I checked that I still had access to the unit after the update.

5. Once I confirmed everything was still working after the update. I figured, why not try to reset it and connect it to my home network? I disconnected my phone from the hotspot and turned off the hotspot from my son's phone. Perform another reset on the X2SR by holding down the reset button. Once the unit rebooted, I noticed the status LED was blinking a lot faster (I'm guessing it is 1 second on, 1 second off - per the user manual, it is broadcasting a wifi signal). YES!

6. I followed typical setup steps and got the X2SR unit installed on my home network again.

I just completed the steps and am relieved I don't have a paperweight. This unit has served me well for almost 2 years now. This is long-winded, but I hope it helps others get theirs back online.

jjlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes!, the steps 3 and the following steps is was what I needed to get it back on my home Wi-Fi network. I also did the firmware update which Kamoer tech support ask me to do before but couldn't because my phone was on my home Wi-Fi rather than the ali_mprov_ZL Wi-Fi network. Thanks for your excellent detailed instructions.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back