Kh Director test water question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kagt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at the Kh director for my 20 gallon. I was wondering what is the minimum test water that are required for each tests, also is more water that is used will increase accuracy? I have a small tank and if it takes 100 ml for each test its too much for my tank volume?

MatthiasF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go down to 50 ml for samplewater. 40 ml are used to flush the mesasurement cell resulting in 90 ml for the whole measurement.
The results will be still in a fine resolution of +-0.1 dKH and should fit all of your needs.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The KH Director uses 3 dosing heads for testing. The 4th head is normally used to dose any Alk your system might need. However the final 4th head can be used to dose fresh salt water back into the tank after the test. This would also act as a mini water change for your system. Leaving you to manually dose Alk as needed.

Just a thought.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking about this too for my nano. I suppose a gallon of fresh saltwater would last a long time...

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go down to 50 ml for samplewater. 40 ml are used to flush the mesasurement cell resulting in 90 ml for the whole measurement.
The results will be still in a fine resolution of +-0.1 dKH and should fit all of your needs.
Reviving an old post. So basically I would 120ml of fresh salt water back to the tank if my sample is set to 80ml?

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could, but I don't think most people worry about the small amount of water removed when you run a test.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back