eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20170223-215915.png

It is my log...very stable.
Hope everyone enjoys KHG and sps grow well.

eltonw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be running some super special operating system that hasn't been released. Because I don't think anyone in the US can get a 7.5dkh test result to display. Along with a bunch of other missing dkh's
Clue us in @eltonw! Why does your's read 7.5 dKH and ours doesn't?

I run my current KHG many months already so it is the same program as you have.
The only different is the time I ran it more then you did, it is what I can say now.

I will have a new model in next week which with new program and it can connect our AIM ( ALK interface module). So I will show you the log after I run about 10 days later.

Last edited:

reeflover@hk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in a low nutrient systems, and my reef is "happy" when the KH is over 8. Maybe most tanks maintain the KH level at 7.5 because KZ manual states that the upper ceiling of KH in a KZ system is 7.5.

Low nutrient systems, sps start to RTN above 8dkh

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank started as a zeovit tank, it isn't operated like one now. I'm at 7.5 dKH because that's where I am starting at. I plan on exploring some other alkalinity levels over time. ;)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that my tank likes 7 to 8 anything above that and the seem corals to slime and you get burnt tips.

Last edited:

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be possible to get a display of 7.5 on the KHG if you have an adjustment value in there (basically anything of odd value)

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, will have to give it a try. Not sure why we are only hearing about this now. But will it make the rest of the missing numbers appear?
All this does is move the missing digit around, adjust by >1 and 7.4 becomes 7.5 but you no longer get 7.6 (7.5+0.1)

DP REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else get into situation where DHCP only fails? My device has an IP address but no matter what I do (disconnecting my whole house, switching different IP ranges) the IP address that is currently in the unit 192.168.1.120 won't change. The rest of my house and my router was on 10.1.10.xxx and I want to switch it to that network.

I even changed my home router to 192.168.xxx range and can confirm the device shows up and sees it within the cable modem, but DHCP still fails.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else get into situation where DHCP only fails? My device has an IP address but no matter what I do (disconnecting my whole house, switching different IP ranges) the IP address that is currently in the unit 192.168.1.120 won't change. The rest of my house and my router was on 10.1.10.xxx and I want to switch it to that network.

I even changed my home router to 192.168.xxx range and can confirm the device shows up and sees it within the cable modem, but DHCP still fails.
@Carlos@CoralVue do you know the answer to this?

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank goodness for this thread, I was about to submit a ticket saying that the KH Guardian Reagent pump was not working until I read through this thread and saw it can take 15+ minutes!

Yes purging the KRS line can take a long time. The liquid only moves a single drop at a time! Be patient, as long as you figured out to take all the acrylic toothpick plugs out you are WAY ahead of me :D

DP REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally laughed out loud when I got to that part of the thread. Been having trouble with wild colonies STN 2-3 weeks post ALK swing (~.8dkh). Hopefully this helps keep it stable along with my reactor. I travel over a week at times and in that period, it doesn't take much for parameters to swing if your tank is still growing in....

14BA297D-77F7-400A-AA3B-536B3E748BFC.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.5%
Back