OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waste. Without knowing ANY details of what is in the reagent, I'm not putting that back into my tank. Besides, I have a full litremeter auto water change system across all four of my tanks. Once I know precisely how much tank water it is "wasting" I can easily account for that in water changes via the litremeter

That's my plan as well. I've got it running into a 2 quart vessel. I will figure out about how much it is using in a day and then add that to my NSW pump of my DOS and make it automatically make up for it with my AWC.

(Great minds think alike)

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my plan as well. I've got it running into a 2 quart vessel. I will figure out about how much it is using in a day and then add that to my NSW pump of my DOS and make it automatically make up for it with my AWC.

(Great minds think alike)

I also have my skimmer cup hard plumbed to the drain, so I would be happy to just dump the waste into the skimmer cup. Consider it a very basic level of cup "washdown" :p

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a swabbie and a 5 gallon skimmate locker and I'll be able to walk away from my tank for awhile :D.
I've got the swabbie, they are great! With the skimmer plumbed to drain - I can be hands off the tank for decent periods of time without too much worry. Plus it means I can be lazy and only touch the skimmer once or twice a year :p

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the swabbie, they are great! With the skimmer plumbed to drain - I can be hands off the tank for decent periods of time without too much worry. Plus it means I can be lazy and only touch the skimmer once or twice a year :p

I do wish I had a floor drain, life would be easier! (A man can dream). Otherwise I'm pretty set!

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine goes through the wall to the laundry drain! But for other tanks that don't have that luxury, I am putting peristaltic or diaphragm pumps on float switches to keep it under control.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it just tested on it's own (without me forcing it to test). It came up with 6.9dKH and this time I made it dispense into a graduated cylinder. The set point is at 7.5 dKH so I figured it would dose the max amount I allowed (35ml). I figured out that 28.2ml of the sodium bicarbonate solution will raise my tank by 0.1 dKH. Well it dosed 37 ml, (seems acceptable too me). I am going to change the set point to 7.0 dKH and see what it dispenses again next time.

I tested with the Salifert and came up with 7.0 dKH

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upon closer inspection it was 7.0 dKH that it finally determined the KH was. My bad, I must have read the display before it finalized it's decision. (There's that operator error thing again :rolleyes:).

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting your experience. Mine left Miami on Feb 5 "to destination" which will be Canadian customs. I hope to have it next week.

Awesome, I think once you get over the intimidation factor (and remove the stupid acrylic plugs in the tubes like a normal person. :rolleyes:) you'll find it's pretty easy to navigate the functions of it. Also feel free to share your experience/post questions here ;). Maybe we can help, or you can help us :D
(Some of us are probably beyond help :eek:)

rockworm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I think once you get over the intimidation factor (and remove the stupid acrylic plugs in the tubes like a normal person. :rolleyes:) you'll find it's pretty easy to navigate the functions of it. Also feel free to share your experience/post questions here ;). Maybe we can help, or you can help us :D
(Some of us are probably beyond help :eek:)

Thanks Rick. I already downloaded the pdf manual. I love new technology and am hoping that this will really help with my 400g SPS tank. It is worth every penny if I can maintain stable peramaters. I will use this thread to update the good and the bad.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh the excitement.

Thank you for post the thread, I will check in tomorrow for the progress.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do wish I had a floor drain, life would be easier! (A man can dream). Otherwise I'm pretty set!

@
63221.jpg

Rick.45cal
you need a floor drain or a trench drain let me know I can hook you up for being the tester for all of us!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back