!!!!LED Primed MEGAPACK!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a HECK of a deal for anybody looking for a bunch of nice acros to start off their tank with. If I had the room, they would be in with all my stuff :)

Surfside74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battlecorals,
I have a gen2led over a 24x24x24 tank. I was thinking of upgrading the lens to the gen3. Not sure if I would do the regular or pros. Any advice?
Thanks,
Rob

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS and LEDs who would've thunk it :squigglemouth:

Nice pack Adam, props to to the Twilight Dragon too :hail:

Awesome pack as usual

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I believe the gen 2s work well do you mean upgrade the puck to the gen three 3? as opposed to lens. You could get the gen three puck kit and wide lenses.

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Adam,

I am loving all the corals I received. All growing, coloring and doing well. Question on the radions. I to reviewed your schedule and I am a bit confused and hpe you can explain. You have the % set to 100 and then individual color channels turned down. Example. One of your set points at 11;35 am you have the brightness set to 100% but the channels are at RB30 - B15 - W5 - G10 - and R15. Do you know the difference and how the output is effected by lowering the brightness and increasing the color channels? Example would be using your 11:35 set point and putting your brightness to 40% and your RB to 100% - B to 100% - W to 60% G to 30% and R to 30%. This is how I have been running mine. I am running the Radion Gen 2. Thinking of upgrading the pucks to gen three to get the UVs.

Maybe others can also chime in.

Thanks all.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Adam,

I am loving all the corals I received. All growing, coloring and doing well. Question on the radions. I to reviewed your schedule and I am a bit confused and hpe you can explain. You have the % set to 100 and then individual color channels turned down. Example. One of your set points at 11;35 am you have the brightness set to 100% but the channels are at RB30 - B15 - W5 - G10 - and R15. Do you know the difference and how the output is effected by lowering the brightness and increasing the color channels? Example would be using your 11:35 set point and putting your brightness to 40% and your RB to 100% - B to 100% - W to 60% G to 30% and R to 30%. This is how I have been running mine. I am running the Radion Gen 2. Thinking of upgrading the pucks to gen three to get the UVs.

Maybe others can also chime in.

Thanks all.

Hi Pat! Glad to hear the corals are doing well. I think I understand you questions and Ill do my best to explain. The over all intensity is 100% all the time. This maintains that the individual leds will run at full power when the channel is all the way up. The variations in individual intensity are for ramp up and down times and over aesthetic look.

I believe that if you run the Overall intensity at lets say 50% then the highest your individulal channel can get is only going to be 50% By running at 100 % I am using all of the available light the radion provides primarily during the peak hours in the middle..

Ill be honest, i never even experimented with anything less than 100% I am no pro but I could not see the logic in running them any less that 100%. especially since they were only getting about 4 hours of actual full intensity. the rest of the 12 hours is long slow ramp up and down.

That make some sort of sense?

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Pat! Glad to hear the corals are doing well. I think I understand you questions and Ill do my best to explain. The over all intensity is 100% all the time. This maintains that the individual leds will run at full power when the channel is all the way up. The variations in individual intensity are for ramp up and down times and over aesthetic look.

I believe that if you run the Overall intensity at lets say 50% then the highest your individulal channel can get is only going to be 50% By running at 100 % I am using all of the available light the radion provides primarily during the peak hours in the middle..

Ill be honest, i never even experimented with anything less than 100% I am no pro but I could not see the logic in running them any less that 100%. especially since they were only getting about 4 hours of actual full intensity. the rest of the 12 hours is long slow ramp up and down.

That make some sort of sense?

It does. Ok, if I dont wont to bleach anything can I running the intensity at 100% and cut the channels in half based on your light scheme? In theory that would lower the output by 50%, right? Also, if you look at your out put graph in your .etg file, your graph is a straight line. do you know why that is? is your .etg based off the program from your gen2 pros or gen 2s without the UV channel?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It does. Ok, if I dont wont to bleach anything can I running the intensity at 100% and cut the channels in half based on your light scheme? In theory that would lower the output by 50%, right? Also, if you look at your out put graph in your .etg file, your graph is a straight line. do you know why that is? is your .etg based off the program from your gen2 pros or gen 2s without the UV channel?

I would just raise them if possible. You'll get better and more even spread and softer par. Honestly short of one already stressed out wild peice, I have yet to scorch a single acro with radions. How high are you running them?

That schedule is for the gen 2's on my display so your right there is no uv channel.

Not really sure what you mean about the graph unless it just didn't save or load right.

this is what I see

Screenshot2014-04-27111549_zps86124e21.png

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This pack is still available buy the way

I'll take 425.00 shipped for all twelve!!!!!

Last edited:

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing this thread back to life, doing another led pack anytime soon? And how do you colors underneath your acros! I can't for the life of me get it to color up lol

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bringing this thread back to life, doing another led pack anytime soon? And how do you colors underneath your acros! I can't for the life of me get it to color up lol

Hey there. Thanks for the quick revival:).

I can do custom packs any day of the week. Lighting specific. No problem at all. All led, all halide, all t5. Mixed. You name it. Anytime

jaesong

Gentlemen Wanderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had the funds for this!! Oh my god :cry:

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love the

1. Teirra De Fuego. I have most of your others you listed. :wink: I am in need of deep reed. No stags. I love the battle coral box & sticker :grouphug:

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This one did sell but I can always put a custom pack together. shoot me a list of what you think you may want. I have lots of stuff doing well under led. I may be able to duplicate this one if you are interested.

hit me up and we can chat a little.

Thanks,

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam i finally got back from afghanistan and want only battle corals in my tank!!! i will be going leds and hopefully you have a pack that will be perfect for me. setting up my tank now 20g shallow. let me know if you have something thats been grown with leds hanging around waiting for a home please.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back