What do you have?

• Total voters

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just set up two 60 gallon frag tanks into my system. I figured it would be easier to do that and more cost effective because all my equipment was rated for way higher then my old system.

I totally understand the seperate systems to avoids the risk but if you don't have the time and money for two systems it would not hurt at all just doing one system.

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just set up two 60 gallon frag tanks into my system. I figured it would be easier to do that and more cost effective because all my equipment was rated for way higher then my old system.

I totally understand the seperate systems to avoids the risk but if you don't have the time and money for two systems it would not hurt at all just doing one system.

OP
OP
haanstang

haanstang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any pictures?

SR52012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am close to finishing my frag build... it is a 48x18x10h tank. running a 29 gal tank as sump, mag5 return pump, skimmer, and either a sbreef 36" led or a 48"t5 light(havent decided yet)

SR52012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant get photobucket to work...

frag.jpg

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't post too much. Haven't even posted in my build thread yet. Here's an early shot of the grow out system.

Silly frag time lapse. June 9th to aug 1 st. I don't have a cool camera so you can't appreciate the purple polyps hiding in the new growth.

System up since April 1st.

IMG_1079.PNG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is ours when we first set it up. The frag tank on the right is a 30g plex that we cut the top 1/3 off and drilled a hole for a bulkhead drain on the right. We have an old Fluval canister that pumps water from the 65g up to the frag tank and then it overflows back down to the main tank.
Cheers! Mark

working.png

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree to an extent.

From my perspective for the future. The display will always be it's own sterile tank, and grow out takes priority. If the display crashed you have a library to rebuild from. I'm even going as far as to QT between grow out and display from now on.

I've beaten the demons ... several kinds. ;Blackeye

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of planning/building my 210 gallon peninsula tank that will have a remote fish room "man cave". In the fish room I would like to have two frag tanks. 1 that will be tied in to the main system for grow out and the second would be a stand alone system for fragments of my favorites so if I ever have a crash in the main system I will have spares. I would like to see your setups. Ones that are connected to the main or not connected.
Pics Pics Pics. the more info the better
Thanks in advance. haanstang

Haanstang's 210 peninsula build

https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/Haanstang's-210-peninsula-build.296738/
Cool thread!!

ClintL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both, connected and separate systems. I have a 125 gallon connected to the main display:
Resized_20170719_154801.jpeg

I also have a stand alone coral qt/frag system in a 40b:
20170811_091816.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back