Lets see pics of the rarest coral you have ever had living in your tank.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micro Blanophyllia

IMG_2266.jpg

Ian nice How long have you had them?

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE FUN AND LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF COOL STUFF THEY COULD HAVE IN THEIR TANK ONE DAY. Blue Lollypop Tunicate
TANKBUDDIES5.jpg

I just saw one of these last nite at my local reef shop....

I was tempted to get it, I just read up a lil on it, still a lil tempted.

Last edited:

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know if this is rare but i've been asking to other reefers about it and nobody can tell me the name, anyone here knows?
l_1175dd0f99e2447582c272c8ca272d28.jpg

look likes a cyphastrea and a nice one. they seem rare but are on the rise within the hobby, i have no clue how rare they are in the wild.

baita83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those tunicates are rare? my lfs has had them a few times and my gf keeps wanting me to get them they are gorgeous I just didnt know how theyed do under high light. How are yours doin she may be getting them next time she sees them lol

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics guys! I have never had any luck with tunicates, although I have seen some amazing clusters of them when diving. =( How long have you kept them and do you have any special feeding techniques?

Thanks for the article on Archohelia Rediviva, that's the first time I have ever read something on that species. I think Live Aquaria had a species once in their Divers Den section--I was tempted to purchase it, but got cold feet.

cheers,
Darren

OP
OP
CHALICEKEEPER

CHALICEKEEPER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those tunicates are rare? My lfs has had them a few times and my gf keeps wanting me to get them they are gorgeous i just didnt know how theyed do under high light. How are yours doin she may be getting them next time she sees them lol

mine melted away after about 3 months my water was not up to par and i think it needs to be perfect to keep that piece.

great pics guys! I have never had any luck with tunicates, although i have seen some amazing clusters of them when diving. =( how long have you kept them and do you have any special feeding techniques?

Thanks for the article on archohelia rediviva, that's the first time i have ever read something on that species. I think live aquaria had a species once in their divers den section--i was tempted to purchase it, but got cold feet.

Cheers,
darren
had for about 3 months did not know much about it when i bought it guess i should have researched it.

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No aiptasia pictures yet.

Sorry, but a friend was sold one 10 years ago as a coral. LFS, is kinda shady if you ask me.

Grant

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I know there are plenty of people out there with super colored LPS, but this is the rarest one I have ever owned. I dont know if it is so much rare, as it is hard to find...they are out there...

fts010.jpg

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine said the same thing, I went back in to get one and were sold out :(

those tunicates are rare? my lfs has had them a few times and my gf keeps wanting me to get them they are gorgeous I just didnt know how theyed do under high light. How are yours doin she may be getting them next time she sees them lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back