Lets see pics of the rarest coral you have ever had living in your tank.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micro Blanophyllia

IMG_2266.jpg

Ian nice How long have you had them?

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE FUN AND LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF COOL STUFF THEY COULD HAVE IN THEIR TANK ONE DAY. Blue Lollypop Tunicate
TANKBUDDIES5.jpg

I just saw one of these last nite at my local reef shop....

I was tempted to get it, I just read up a lil on it, still a lil tempted.

Last edited:

JNye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know if this is rare but i've been asking to other reefers about it and nobody can tell me the name, anyone here knows?
l_1175dd0f99e2447582c272c8ca272d28.jpg

look likes a cyphastrea and a nice one. they seem rare but are on the rise within the hobby, i have no clue how rare they are in the wild.

baita83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those tunicates are rare? my lfs has had them a few times and my gf keeps wanting me to get them they are gorgeous I just didnt know how theyed do under high light. How are yours doin she may be getting them next time she sees them lol

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics guys! I have never had any luck with tunicates, although I have seen some amazing clusters of them when diving. =( How long have you kept them and do you have any special feeding techniques?

Thanks for the article on Archohelia Rediviva, that's the first time I have ever read something on that species. I think Live Aquaria had a species once in their Divers Den section--I was tempted to purchase it, but got cold feet.

cheers,
Darren

OP
OP
CHALICEKEEPER

CHALICEKEEPER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those tunicates are rare? My lfs has had them a few times and my gf keeps wanting me to get them they are gorgeous i just didnt know how theyed do under high light. How are yours doin she may be getting them next time she sees them lol

mine melted away after about 3 months my water was not up to par and i think it needs to be perfect to keep that piece.

great pics guys! I have never had any luck with tunicates, although i have seen some amazing clusters of them when diving. =( how long have you kept them and do you have any special feeding techniques?

Thanks for the article on archohelia rediviva, that's the first time i have ever read something on that species. I think live aquaria had a species once in their divers den section--i was tempted to purchase it, but got cold feet.

Cheers,
darren
had for about 3 months did not know much about it when i bought it guess i should have researched it.

tangdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No aiptasia pictures yet.

Sorry, but a friend was sold one 10 years ago as a coral. LFS, is kinda shady if you ask me.

Grant

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I know there are plenty of people out there with super colored LPS, but this is the rarest one I have ever owned. I dont know if it is so much rare, as it is hard to find...they are out there...

fts010.jpg

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine said the same thing, I went back in to get one and were sold out :(

those tunicates are rare? my lfs has had them a few times and my gf keeps wanting me to get them they are gorgeous I just didnt know how theyed do under high light. How are yours doin she may be getting them next time she sees them lol

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back