lets see those leathers especially the neon sinularia

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do u get just the picture on there with no link?

When you open the "post" window, there are two rows of odds-n-ends buttons. On the lower row, the 14th button (Note to self: Count from the other end next time, jackhole.) corresponds to the "attach photo" function. Click it. Paste link there, uncheck the checked radial button. Voila!

On Photobucket, there is a little box on the right (The now-famous "Share This Photo Box.") Clicking on the text in the "Direct Link" sub-box, you will have "copied" the necessary text. Pasting that text here (as noted above) should be straightforward.

So, not only do I suck at photography, you now see why I don't teach Computers 101.

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is an old pic of mine
mediumneonsingularia.jpg

Very cool.

What is the green gal in the far bottom right of your image?

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip macon. That photo was taken with my phone, I'll see if I have any old pics. The lower right hand gal is a pipe organ coral.

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another picture that's well over 6 months old. Is this better? Is it a Sinulara?

gr8081

Macon77: I don't see a radial button to uncheck on the insert image?

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another picture that's well over 6 months old. Is this better? Is it a Sinulara?

gr8081

Macon77: I don't see a radial button to uncheck on the insert image?

Yea, someting clearly happened in copying the picture. All I see is a pretty red "x."

Oh, I see. Make sure that when you click on the "attach photo" button, you then select the "from url" tab.
-----
As far as distinguishing between a Sinularia and a Nephthea, see my previous post. There would be no way to tell without cutting it up, and going through the steps outlined by Eric Borneman. There is no way I could even begin to help there. That would require far more expertise than I have.

I have some that I am sure are Sinulariae, and some that are Nephtheae. But, the only way I know this is because they are lineaged (Palau Nephthea, etcetera). By the way, if you are looking for a beautiful leather, don't go with the Palau Nephthea. It is a very cool animal to care for (it is thought to be extinct in the wild), and it grows quickly, but it really isn't that pretty.

Maybe I'll take a trip to Palau, and throw a frag "overboard." Then the hype will be over.

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed firebretha, that is a nice picture.

Of course, I notice the Rhodactis (Indo.) in the picture. If anyone is looking for a beautiful Indo., look for one of the ones pictured there. Dirt cheap, but stunning.

I am assuming it has the green base? (some don't)

It seems an impossible critter to photograph well. Either the green becomes apparent, or the purple becomes apparent. The only truly good picture I've seen of these was taken by someone at ReefHotspot, before their great fiasco. Their photo really captured the critter well. It convinced me to buy a few. I'm glad I did. Certainly a keeper among the Indos. Of course, the critter looks better in person. Almost fiber-optic-like. Very cool.

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I just noticed something critical.

You may be aware of this, but others may not be.

The Yumas and the Indos aren't necessarily the best of friends. The Indos can grow pretty quickly. Watch their long-term placement, or you could have fighting and/or dead guys on your hands (or, in your tank water).

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another shot of mine in the background.

Okay, here come two "stupid macon questions."

1) Why does it look like the rock in the top left of your picture can not possibly sitting there without falling?

2) Why does it look like the Acan appears to be "hanging there," with no support on its right side?

Either I am old and blind, you are a master rock-stacker, you are better at photography-type "magical editing" than I, or...all of the above. Wait, the answer is obviously "all of the above." However, I am still confused by the picture.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, here come two "stupid macon questions."

1) Why does it look like the rock in the top left of your picture can not possibly sitting there without falling?

2) Why does it look like the Acan appears to be "hanging there," with no support on its right side?

Either I am old and blind, you are a master rock-stacker, you are better at photography-type "magical editing" than I, or...all of the above. Wait, the answer is obviously "all of the above." However, I am still confused by the picture.
He probably built his aquascape with acrylic rods along with epoxy/cement to create the bonsai rockwork

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few pics of my ORA green toadstool and what was sold to me as a nepthya, but I suspect is just a Sinularia.
IMG_2115-1.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_6594-1.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that with the direct link and copied to insert image link to no avail??? Will continue my quest later.

Don't copy the direct link, copy the IMG Code. It should look like this:
(IMG)http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/swannyson7/IMG_8416.jpg(/IMG)
But it will use brackets like these: [ ] around IMG, instead of parentheses.

You just paste it into the reply box on R2R like when you're responding to a thread. Don't click the little image icon, just paste it in the text box.

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't copy the direct link, copy the IMG Code. It should look like this:
(IMG)http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/swannyson7/IMG_8416.jpg(/IMG)
But it will use brackets like these: [ ] around IMG, instead of parentheses.

You just paste it into the reply box on R2R like when you're responding to a thread. Don't click the little image icon, just paste it in the text box.

TESTING. NOTHING MORE.

It appears I may have been doing this the hard way. If there is a picture below, I have been putting way too much effort into this. If it has worked, thanks swannyson7.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx22/gregorykbeatty/2011-04-11205908.jpg

Oops, try again.
2011-04-11205908.jpg

macon77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got your picture posted. It's simple, but everyone always seems to want to hit that insert image icon. lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back