How to post pic's from Photobucket to R2R

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When looking at the pic in photobucket, click on the field that says "IMG Code." Photobucket will copy the URL for you. Just paste that into your text when writing your post here, and the photo should appear after you submit the post.

When you paste the text here, it'll look something like this (IMG)http://www.photobucket.com/blankblankblankblank/blank.jpg(/IMG) but with square brackets instead of parentheses.

OP
OP
cparka23

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've copied the whole address, you should see something like this (with square brackets instead of parentheses):
(IMG)http//****photobucket.com/****/(name_of_picture).jpg(/IMG)
If not, make sure you see the following when you copy the URL.
1.png

When you click where it says IMG Code, it should say "Copied".
2.png

Then paste into the place where you enter text. Do NOT click the "Insert Image" icon.

To really make it clear, this is what this message looks like just before I press the "Submit Reply" button.
3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would bump this thread since I just wrote up something for another member. This is what I wrote up:

Do you have a Photobucket acct?
If so it is super easy to post the pic's just go to the bottom of the box that says share this photo and click on the [IMG ] code. It should look like this but without the spaces: [IMG ]http:// i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/skinz78/Clams/DSCN2117-1.jpg[ /IMG] Copy that and then paste it in your reply's here. If it works out you should get a pic, right now there is a problem though with the percent sign, in the first pic of a reply the forum software usually screws up the percent sign so I post one before the first pic just to get the error out of the way.

It should look like this:

This is actually a percent sign but like I mentioned it usually gets messed up in only the first pic of a reply... %
DSCN2117-1.jpg

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
test
028-4.jpg
. Still the same..why????

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev is looking into it. For some reason the code isn't changing now but it still won't post the pics.

OP
OP
cparka23

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah, I forgot about this thread and deleted the photobucket photos.. oops :)

Since this thread is a sticky, I'll redo the pics and fix the links. I have projects til the middle of next week, so bear with me 'til then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cparka23

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, it looks like the forum code is still making a mess of spaces.

I can't even copy paste the URL, since the forum automatically messes with the symbols percent20 by converting it to a space. And if I copy a url with this " % " in it, it converts it to a percent sign.

You can right click the broken photobucket pic from Brad. Select "View image" (this works in firefox, at least). Then look at the URL. It's taken the spaces and converted them to percent20's, then messed up the percent sign.

Brad's photo is in a folder called /225 g reef/ <-- yes, there is a double space after the "g." Script doesn't like the spaces in the url, and it really doesn't like the double space.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am showing that the link you had Brad will not work even in my browser.

TEST

reefspotlight.jpg

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me try again, because I'm having a terrible time trying to get a picture to post lately. The only time I can get one to upload is from straight from my computer, and that's if I resize it.

Test
040copy-2.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brad will look at your link. It is showing a ::space:: in the link towards the end. That is the problem.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok when I check it in the go advanced box, the picture is there, but when I post it. Not there. and I don't see any space in the uRL Rev

OP
OP
cparka23

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, I gave your photo a few tries, but no dice. The best thing I can recommend is to take the spaces out of the album name in Photobucket. It will work if you change them to underscores, unless there's a new bug... *knock on wood*

Last edited:

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I can't get it to post either from his 225 album. It posted the first time but after editing it went away.

If you post the link twice, the % only messes up on the first post usually like the below post. The first one fails but the second one works

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 100 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back