LFS: “Local Fish Shop” Or “Lying For Sales?!” Is Your Store Legit?

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so fish gets stressed you buy it stress it more then move it to the display and stress it again??? OK!

I buy a healthy fish treat for parasites and drop it in my display. if your fish are healthy they wont get sick, thats what there slime coat is for.

I see your point though if you buy a sick fish you should qt.

if you lost 80% of your fish something else in the tank was stressing the other fish before the sick fish was added. maybe a larger fish picking on a smaller one, chemical change......

Last edited:

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so fish gets stressed you buy it stress it more then move it to the display and stress it again??? OK!

I buy a healthy fish treat for parasites and drop it in my display. if your fish are healthy they wont get sick, thats what there slime coat is for.

I see your point though if you buy sick fish you have to worry.........

I see your point as well. I try not to buy sick fish. I can never be sure what the fish has been exposed to between capture, transhipment, wholesaler, and LFS. Sometimes it just takes a while for some things to show up. The fish that almost took out my entire reef seemed healthy for 3 weeks, then all hell broke loose. This is why I qt for a minimum of 6 weeks. Haven't lost a fish since I started doing it this way.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As we know most marine aquatics are wild caught and are transported, it is a chance we and the stores take for sustainability and this is why we do our best to keep our systems at optimum to reduce loss and keep specimens successfully

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great discussion!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back