LFS' On long island

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive looked around and am posting this to help others in my situation, if you have suggestions, please add them in the thread so more people can know

These are in no particular order:

Pro Reef Aquatics: My store of choice, Good staff, heathy fish (there was an issue a few months back, but its fixed now), Lots of corals, good choice of product

Tropical Island Aquarium: From what I hear, they can be a little pricey, but have healthy fish and a good stock and knowledgeable staff (I would like experience from someone whos been)

@Ultra Aquatics ' store: N/A (not open yet)

Island Fish and Scale: From what I hear they are a nice store with knowledgeable staff and a selection of livestock and product (I would like experience from someone whos been)

Caribbean Blue Aquatics Inc.: apparently sick fish, apparently employees can be rude, but im not sure (I would like experience from someone whos been)

Fishlife Aquariums: From what I hear, good store with good servicing, employees and healthy fish.

Aqua-hut: Never been, but after looking around I hear good fish selection and products , bad practices when it comes to their other animals (I would like experience from someone whos been)

Advanced Marine Aquatics: Healthy fish and knowledgeable employees

Pets Warehouse: large fish stock at good prices, Fish health is slightly questionable, make sure to copper QT fish

Petco: They are petco, probably don't get fish from here, but could be good for some supplies if you're in a pinch.

Last edited:

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am currently in process of building out my own store in Suffolk county so I won’t speak badly of any but I will say:

Island Fish and Scale - Ryan and Jay are great guys. Amazing corals, nice selection. Can’t go wrong here.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget Advanced Marine Aquatics! Helpful staff and beautiful tanks and fish

Pets Warehouse. The one in Carle Place is nice, I go there often with their big selection of fish and supploes

OP
OP
SlugSnorter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in process of building out my own store in Suffolk county so I won’t speak badly of any but I will say:

Island Fish and Scale - Ryan and Jay are great guys. Amazing corals, nice selection. Can’t go wrong here.
Im hopefully fairly close to your future location in suffolk, ill have to stop on by some time!
Ill add Island Fish and scale

Last edited:

Reefer Drew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on Island fish and scale/TJM Corals. They have great selection on healthy corals at reasonable prices and Jay and Ryan are always willing to help with any problems you have.

Advanced Marine Aquatics in Albertson has a large selection of fish and corals. Andrew and team are great.

Reefer Drew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where in Suffolk will you be located. I would love to visit when you’re up and running.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just came back from pets warehouse (had to get a test kit) and this guy was really knowledgeable on turf algae and listing possibilities to why and how to help. I was impressed. He also told me differences between all tests kits- chatty guy but very informative

he also advised me against getting a certain fish which I was happy about- they won’t sell a fish to make a quick buck

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Country Critters still up and running in Patchogue? I used to get all my stuff between them and Pets Warehouse in Nassau. Haven't lived on LI in close to a decade now though.

OP
OP
SlugSnorter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive looked around and am posting this to help others in my situation, if you have suggestions, please add them in the thread so more people can know

These are in no particular order:

Pro Reef Aquatics: My store of choice, Good staff, heathy fish (there was an issue a few months back, but its fixed now), Lots of corals, good choice of product

Tropical Island Aquarium: From what I hear, they can be a little pricey, but have healthy fish and a good stock and knowledgeable staff (I would like experience from someone whos been)

@Ultra Aquatics ' store: N/A (not open yet)

Island Fish and Scale: From what I hear they are a nice store with knowledgeable staff and a selection of livestock and product (I would like experience from someone whos been)

Caribbean Blue Aquatics Inc.: apparently sick fish, apparently employees can be rude, but im not sure (I would like experience from someone whos been)

Fishlife Aquariums: From what I hear, good store with good servicing, employees and healthy fish.

Aqua-hut: Never been, but after looking around I hear good fish selection and products , bad practices when it comes to their other animals (I would like experience from someone whos been)

Advanced Marine Aquatics: Healthy fish and knowledgeable employees

Pets Warehouse: large fish stock at good prices, Fish health is slightly questionable, make sure to copper QT fish

Petco: They are petco, probably don't get fish from here, but could be good for some supplies if you're in a pinch.
Country Critters: Good aquatics, poor treatment of other animals

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back