LFS vs Online

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we lived in a world with just online my 300 gallon seal failure would have been worse. LFS owner closed his shop and got to my house before I could to start getting things under control. Saved all my coral. That type of relationship is worth supporting.

EHerbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Los Angeles and there is no shortage of LFS here. Prices are reasonable and you can usually haggle for a better price when spending a decant amount of money. Plus you know exactly what you're getting. I shop online for package deals, live rock and invertibrates. And, I get all hardware, additives, etc., from Dr. Fosters & Smith.

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy coral and fish from top shelf aquatics in Orlando fl. He has great selection and the price is half what I would spend after shipping online. Every time is see the full price for online buys I just say wow and leave the site

GobyApparatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack your thread... but this is obviously important to me as I am opening a LFS in Old Saybrook. I've noticed that many stores don't even carry many hobbyist supplies because everyone buys them online. I started a new thread and I would really like to hear from everyone that hopefully will be a new customer. I obviously want to be successful and that requires that I cater to my customer's needs and desires. Please share any thoughts, suggestions, must haves etc.
[h=3]What do you want out of a LFS?[/h]

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back