Light for 20 gallon

gstty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good but cheaper light for 20 gallon. I plan to get some corals. Mostly soft, so something that would be good for that. Are the Nicrew lights any good? Im looking at the 100 watt nicrew.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Look at this one, I have one and would be good up to hammers and birds nest.

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried and loved the quanta bars. Worth a look into. Fixed spectrum and output like t5's

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good but cheaper light for 20 gallon. I plan to get some corals. Mostly soft, so something that would be good for that. Are the Nicrew lights any good? Im looking at the 100 watt nicrew.
20 long or 20 tall.
For tall a 12 blade grow. Not sure how much your willing to invest. 20 long I'd say same thing but in the 21" length. $150 to $200 depending on which one. With this light you could grow anything you want with in reason I'm sure. I have a mix of stuff in my 30g and it all seems to be quiet happy. Got some frags off a local guy and he threw in a digi frag for free. I was worried it wouldn't do well but it hasn't lost color and it about double in size now. Still microscopic lol

OP
OP
G

gstty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 long or 20 tall.
For tall a 12 blade grow. Not sure how much your willing to invest. 20 long I'd say same thing but in the 21" length. $150 to $200 depending on which one. With this light you could grow anything you want with in reason I'm sure. I have a mix of stuff in my 30g and it all seems to be quiet happy. Got some frags off a local guy and he threw in a digi frag for free. I was worried it wouldn't do well but it hasn't lost color and it about double in size now. Still microscopic lol
I guess it a tall. just a regular 20 gallon.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back