OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple more shots of Elvis. the tank is a challenge but I am happy with the results so far. Getting corals is near impossible, and the ones I do get need tlc. I'm finding out not to listen to anyone's advice and do my own research, as in the nps category many of the corals are "rent-a-corals". I am ok when I know; but most suppliers, lfs either don't know or just want the sale. Everything I have had shipped has arrived in poor condition. the tank has had it's accidents as well, like losing power twice. With all of this in consideration, I am learning and having fun, I have confidence in a years time this is going to be an awesome tank. Elvis has proven to be much entertainment.

004.jpg

003.jpg

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple more shots of Elvis. the tank is a challenge but I am happy with the results so far. Getting corals is near impossible, and the ones I do get need tlc. I'm finding out not to listen to anyone's advice and do my own research, as in the nps category many of the corals are "rent-a-corals". I am ok when I know; but most suppliers, lfs either don't know or just want the sale. Everything I have had shipped has arrived in poor condition. the tank has had it's accidents as well, like losing power twice. With all of this in consideration, I am learning and having fun, I have confidence in a years time this is going to be an awesome tank. Elvis has proven to be much entertainment.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same problem I'm having with getting carnation corals. 90% of what Im buy already dying, sad. Bummer

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th

004.jpg

003.jpg
Thanks for sharing, comrade

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend thought I got a new coral

20190227_075309.jpg
He is gorgeous!;Drool Sooooo jealous! I’ve been slowly wearing down my husband to let me set up a pred tank after we move because this is at the top of my list!

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I enjoy this tank, mainly because of the rhino, what a wonderful addition; finding nps corals is pretty impossible. My build is solid, everything works flawlessly, so anyone interested, there are some good ideas in this build. The auto feeder is great, and really relatively inexpensive and easy to build. The quick water change system is just ridiculous, If I remodel my office I will incorporate this into a built in section to be unseen. It would be such a fantastic tank if I could find something to put in it.

009.jpg

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While my build has proven to be solid, my energy has all but gone, there has proven to be absolutely no good source for nps corals. I did add another scorp, a Scorpaenodes caribbaeus, aka caribbean or reef scorpionfish. He's a character, literally steals mollies almost his own size right from the mouth of the rhino. They seem to like each other, hanging out together and even crawling all over each other. So the predator tank is in full swing and glory, but the nps has fallen short.

008.jpg

016.jpg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While my build has proven to be solid, my energy has all but gone, there has proven to be absolutely no good source for nps corals. I did add another scorp, a Scorpaenodes caribbaeus, aka caribbean or reef scorpionfish. He's a character, literally steals mollies almost his own size right from the mouth of the rhino. They seem to like each other, hanging out together and even crawling all over each other. So the predator tank is in full swing and glory, but the nps has fallen short.

008.jpg

016.jpg
I gotta get the purple one. WOW!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back