LTA ID check

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tl;dr: Is this actually an LTA?

So I bought a LTA about 2 months ago that was pretty bleached and had a pinprick hole in the pedal disc (small bundle of filaments coming out of hole). Surprisingly it made a good comeback, foot healed up, and it's attaching onto things. See photos for why I think it is an LTA - tentacle count & rings, verrucae, mouth, all match my inexpert understanding of field guides etc.

Why I am questioning ID: it healed, which is apparently surprising. And it hates having its foot buried. Understandable when foot was damaged, but now that its attaching to the side of the deli container I buried in sand (Fiji pink). Like, empty deli container makin a void space in sand, let LTA recover in there without sand, and it attached to side not bottom glass or little sand that fell in. W/e. So I slowly pushed some sand over edges or deli container to backfill an inch or so of sand, overnight it dug out and attached foot higher up on the wall, just under above the sandline. So behavior more like H crispa or something else, but physically looks LTA?

Reason why I'm asking is I'm about to leave for a month and want to be able to leave my wife with an ID if it decides to go exploring its true identity while I'm away :)
IMG_6917.jpg
IMG_6927.jpg

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN seems very knowledgeable about anemones. Does look like an LTA

OP
OP
dansyr

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome, thanks everybody for the peace of mind. Can't wait for this guy to remember he likes sand.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back