Maggie's Mixed Reef Build V3, now a 75!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you're telling me I can pronounce @tbrown as T-B-Row-N and it's correct also?
Screenshot_20240405-101920.png

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new WIP right now, thinking of expanding my etsy offerings doing a shirt collection, or maybe stickers too?
This was line art I paid for, and I colored it in photoshop. Any colors can be changed.

wip.png

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my longtime mail carrier just retired and the new carrier sucks. Repeatedly getting neighbors mail, neighbors getting our mail, just last week the neighbor brought over a huge pile, bills, a title, business documents from the state, all really important stuff. So I made a complaint, online, just for a response. They says it's my mailboxes fault for not being clearly marked.
Is it though? I have 2 addresses and get mail addressed to both, business and house, both on the same lot. It's been like this for 20+ years at this location.

Looks pretty clearly marked.... :thinking-face: I did this 4 years ago.
IMG_20240520_064759.jpg

Here's their reply:
"Your long-time carrier has retired gives no excuse for delivery reaching neighbors box, however not having your box properly marked is. Please have your mailbox updated so new carriers can figure out which box is yours. I will have a discussion with the carrier."

They left a local number to call someone at the post office. The Karen in me is chomping at the bit, boy howdy.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So my longtime mail carrier just retired and the new carrier sucks. Repeatedly getting neighbors mail, neighbors getting our mail, just last week the neighbor brought over a huge pile, bills, a title, business documents from the state, all really important stuff. So I made a complaint, online, just for a response. They says it's my mailboxes fault for not being clearly marked.
Is it though? I have 2 addresses and get mail addressed to both, business and house, both on the same lot. It's been like this for 20+ years at this location.

Looks pretty clearly marked.... :thinking-face: I did this 4 years ago.
IMG_20240520_064759.jpg

Here's their reply:
"Your long-time carrier has retired gives no excuse for delivery reaching neighbors box, however not having your box properly marked is. Please have your mailbox updated so new carriers can figure out which box is yours. I will have a discussion with the carrier."

They left a local number to call someone at the post office. The Karen in me is chomping at the bit, boy howdy.
My brother works for the PO, you just have a lazy person trying to find an excuse for their mistakes. " Too small couldn't see them". I mean they appear to be 1 inch or larger which is the minimum size.

Maybe slap some bigger numbers on it and next time it happens rip their butts. Are we aloud to say butts here? Rip their bottoms. Does that sound better?

Other than that they may growl at you to have 2 mailboxes, but it's not uncommon to share one. That will probably be the next argument.

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother works for the PO, you just have a lazy person trying to find an excuse for their mistakes. " Too small couldn't see them". I mean they appear to be 1 inch or larger which is the minimum size.

Maybe slap some bigger numbers on it and next time it happens rip their butts. Are we aloud to say butts here? Rip their bottoms. Does that sound better?

Other than that they may growl at you to have 2 mailboxes, but it's not uncommon to share one. That will probably be the next argument.
Awesome tips. Im going to revamp this situation, get 2 boxes, and bigger numbers (I can cut vinyl). I'm not trying to be a complainer, I just want my mail. I didn't know 2 numbers at one box might be an issue.

Maybe it's been my fault the whole time
Mr Bean Omg GIF

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awesome tips. Im going to revamp this situation, get 2 boxes, and bigger numbers (I can cut vinyl). I'm not trying to be a complainer, I just want my mail. I didn't know 2 numbers at one box might be an issue.

Maybe it's been my fault the whole time
Mr Bean Omg GIF
Call your PO and talk to the Postmaster, they can tell you what they prefer. They may allow it and tell the carrier to watch out for it.

My brother said he delivers to boxes like that but each address should have a separate box unless it's grandfathered in. New people may not understand it, plus all the subs and temps. Can't read...

OP
OP
Mhamilton0911

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New people may not understand it, plus all the subs and temps. Can't read...
Yeah this is the issue. Its not the same person every day. Temps for sure. And it's considered a rural area and probably just an awful route no one wants.

But if I can help by adding a second box, and labeling the holy jeezus out of it, then thats a pretty easy thing on my part.

The retired guy did it for 20 years so he just knew. And the new youngins cant read NUMBERS

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a mail carrier refuse to deliver our mail to a community mail box for about 2 weeks. When I called the post office they said that there was a suspicious looking car parked in front of the mailbox the whole time. When I mentioned that it was 5' away from the box and not blocking anything they said "The mail carrier felt unsafe and unable to deliver the mail". I told them to tow the car if it's parked illegally, deliver the mail to the box, hand deliver my mail to my house when I'm home or start paying my bills if they're going to keep them.

The next day I had two weeks worth of mail stuffed into my mailbox.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The retired guy did it for 20 years so he just knew. And the new youngins cant read NUMBERS
Not without their cell phones, nope. That new common core math is super helpful.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
The PO has gone to crap, it use to be an awesome job, great benefits and hours, and they loved it. Older people are retiring as fast as they can now, it's as bad as Amazon he said.

My brother runs rural and his wife has a city route. Sometimes it's a normal day/week routine. Sometimes it's 7 days a week, 10 hour days are not unheard of and even 14 hrs.

The only reason he hangs around is the money is good, he's dependable and they don't bother him. Just him and his jeep.

Back