• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Magnetic Frag Racks

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my frag racks and I have to say..WOW!!!!! What a great idea. I have saved myself so much room it's not even funny. and now have a great spot for all those disks. I bought 10 different sizes and have placed throughout all my tanks. If your like me and do a lot of fragging and need more space...BUYS THESE RACKS........

Good Job SouthernR !!!!!

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Just Got My Racks Today, Igot Two Racks And 10 Magnetic Plugs In Our Group Order For The Chattanooga Reef Club And I Think These Are Great Love The Magnetic Plugs! Thanks Man

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got mine is as well and I love it!!!

bamachamp92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have A Question On The Plugs, I Just Got 10 Of Each Size Of Your Plugs The Small Ones I Was Going To Use To Put Frags On My Overflow The Piece That Goes Inside Is Coated The Piece That Goes Outside Looks Smaller So I Am Assuming It Is Not Coated For Me To Put These On My Overflow Both Pieces Will Be In The Water Will The Outside Piece Cause A Problem If It Is In The Water

Thanks

OP
OP
S

SouthernR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not put the magnets in the water without coating them but they are triple epoxy coated from the manufacturer to withstand corrosion. Had i know you were going to use them on your overflow I would have set the outer magnets in resin for you too. I would gladly send you a set of coated outside magnets but unfortunately I have no clue as to which direction they would need to face and my luck they would all be backwards. Would you like to try it and see how they do, or I can send you some resin coated magnets and try them? Just let me know. and Thank You

bamachamp92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If You Coat Them Wont They Flip To The Right Side If They Are Facing Wrong Way? If This Is Too Much To Do Just Tell Me, I Bought The Plugs And I Like Them A Lot, If They Wont Work On My Overflow I Can Find Somewhere Else To Use Them, I Hate To Cause You More Work. That Being Said, If You Want To Coat Some And Send Them To Me, If They Work I Will Turn Around And Send The Ones I Have And A Few Dollars Back To You. That Way You Are Not Out The Five Magnets.

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't you have to coat the whole thing anyway since even though the magnet is snug against the overflow, it would still be in the water? My overflow is curved, so there's going to be some water inbetween. I guess that's going to be bad? Um, I know I talked about using mine in my overflow, but I'm not sure if I told you for sure that I was going to do it. My magnets don't look any different from the regular ones, so I'm guessing mine aren't coated (other than from the factory). I think I'll just put them next to the overflows unless you think the coating is thick enough from the factory. And I guess that after the whatever frag moves onto the overflow (and is stuck good), we could take off the back magnet anyway and maybe cut loose the plug part.

I love my magnet lettuce clip, by the way. My whopper tang can't get it off the wall like the nightmare suction cup ones. It's great!!!
Susan

OP
OP
S

SouthernR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scouncil I did coat the back magnets for your plugs otherwise they would look like the magnets for the outside of your veggie clip. You're good to go.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love my rack!

Back