Magtool AIO-70p Skinmer

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding protein skimmers! I recently bought a 40g AIO innovative marine tank and I want a protein skimmer to go with it! I was curious if magtool skimmers are worth it and if there are better recommendations for a costly effective skimmer! Also what other accessories does everyone think I need? I appreciate the help!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe some helpful info here

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 40 gallons of water is very manageable to keep clean and element rich. Water changes are essential. If it were me, I’d invest in an RODI system. Replacing 25% or 10 gallons every 2 weeks would do not only that, but eliminate your need for a skimmer. Personally I’ve not been impressed with small skimmers that hang inside the back filter chamber in AIOs. In sump protein skimmers are beasts! Like the one I have. I clean it every 2-4 days! You want the best pristine conditions for your corals. An RODI setup. :) That’s my 2 cents.

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 40 gallons of water is very manageable to keep clean and element rich. Water changes are essential. If it were me, I’d invest in an RODI system. Replacing 25% or 10 gallons every 2 weeks would do not only that, but eliminate your need for a skimmer. Personally I’ve not been impressed with small skimmers that hang inside the back filter chamber in AIOs. In sump protein skimmers are beasts! Like the one I have. I clean it every 2-4 days! You want the best pristine conditions for your corals. An RODI setup. :) That’s my 2 cents.
Really appreciate the info! Thanks so much! I’m gonna experiment with the skimmer and go on from there! I did hear that skimmers in dumps work best! RODI system will be later once payday comes around

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 58 26.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back