Mandarin goby

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah can different names pair is basically what I'm asking?
No they cant, male and female will cohabit in same (large aquarium) if there is enough territory but they will not become a mated pair. In fact with the research I have done suggest that they will cohabit if very lucky only, it is not something they would ever do in the wild.

Justin1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they cant, male and female will cohabit in same (large aquarium) if there is enough territory but they will not become a mated pair. In fact with the research I have done suggest that they will cohabit if very lucky only, it is not something they would ever do in the wild.

Ok thanks so much for the help.

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get to see the video ? What's did you think. Poor things just couldn't get it right. Blown away every time lol

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them in the past and have one now. I've never seen any of mine eat any kind of food. I try to keep a constant supply of pods for them. My tank has been running for about 14 years... Start adding pods now and let them populate your rock and then you should have no problem. And if he eats any type of food all the better...

THEACOX88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my mandarin goby for about 3 months he definitely loves the sand he mainly stays at the bottom of the tank but I assume bare bottom is fine but as far as the food I don't believe mine has ever eaten the fish food I put in the tank and I use frozen all my other fish eat that. You really need copepods and it's better if your tank is well established and has them naturally but you can buy them and breed them as well. Honestly a must.

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a Spotted Mandarin (Synchiropus Picturatus) and a Green Mandarin ( Synchiropus Splendidus) pair up? Haven't heard of this happening.

Had a green mandarin for over in a year in a 65 and then added a spotted mandarin who was smaller. Spotted killed the green.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Nana and Leslie. They're only trying to help. It's not rude or sassy to warn someone about a fish not being right for your tank. I've read what they said for years about the requirements for keeping a mandarin. I have a 40g and would love to have one, but don't think it's fair to the fish. We all want people to have successful tanks with successful livestock. No one is trying to sell you anything here. There's a lot of great advice to be had and most of it comes from those of us who have made a ton of mistakes and have learned from them. Of course we all want you to succeed, but IMHO, conventional wisdom is very helpful in making the right choices.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back