Maroon female landscaping the tank

Raven k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pair of bonded maroon clowns a little while ago, I’ve had maroons before so I thought I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for. Famous last words lol I thought the pistol shrimp rearranging the tank was going to be my biggest worry but nope it’s the female maroon. She’s literally throwing stuff around and I have to keep turning my corals back up the right way. I’ve never seen this before, is she preparing to lay eggs maybe? Or does she just hate my style? Either way she’s definitely my favourite fish

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till she starts digging with her tail. Mine makes more of a mess than the Engineer Goby.
Yup. I have a velvet damsel that has suddenly become hell on wheels with that issue. Just digs in the same spot constantly, next to a pair of maroon clowns. Now the female maroon digs also while her man just flutters by and watches. Fish insanity I tell ya.

OP
OP
Raven k

Raven k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t matter where I put my zoa rock she just keeps flipping it, I need heavier rocks lol

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pair of bonded maroon clowns a little while ago, I’ve had maroons before so I thought I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for. Famous last words lol I thought the pistol shrimp rearranging the tank was going to be my biggest worry but nope it’s the female maroon. She’s literally throwing stuff around and I have to keep turning my corals back up the right way. I’ve never seen this before, is she preparing to lay eggs maybe? Or does she just hate my style? Either way she’s definitely my favourite fish
Mine will move certain corals away from her nems and i saw her pick up a rock once that had to outweigh her. I was shocked.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Felicia rearranges the tank and frags almost as much as I do.
This is her lair, she is a dragon, and her teeth have started to draw blood.
1000030142.jpg

Last edited:

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until she’s this size. Couple days ago i had my hand in the water and she was very gently pecking at my finger. I thought she was hungry and trying to get my attention. Turns out I had a cut and she was trying to eat the skin flap. Literally trying to eat me!
B59FEFE5-D693-417F-9D57-639925587E27.png

OP
OP
Raven k

Raven k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until she’s this size. Couple days ago i had my hand in the water and she was very gently pecking at my finger. I thought she was hungry and trying to get my attention. Turns out I had a cut and she was trying to eat the skin flap. Literally trying to eat me!
B59FEFE5-D693-417F-9D57-639925587E27.png
She’s already fully grown, I got them when a local shop shut their display tank down. She seems to have finished her landscaping and settled down now

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.6%
Back