Miami Reefers?!?

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Florida Marine society meets every 4th Tuesday at Plantation high school

I have always asked myself and others in the hobby why Miami doesn't have a local reef club. You can find three saltwater stores on Bird Road alone and just 15 minutes away you Aquarium Concepts, VIP Reef, Reeftop Aquariums and I am forgetting at least five more in the area. I have wanted to always go and check out a meeting (FMSA)and see what its all about but its in Broward County. I would love to help startup a Reef Club in Miami and seeing all the people here from the Westchester, Kenadall, Hialeah and Miami Beach area we probably could start a club. I am no sure what it takes but if we had enough participation we might be able to enjoy frag swaps down south.

What does everyone else think?

If anyone is serious and really interested in starting one up let me know.

Thanks

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Miami_reefer
I am on a bunch of different forums through the years but I do not know speed_reef. I have been really reading and learning on r2r the most lately. I have noticed that the community here is very responsive and informative. I hope @revhtree starts the Miami Club Forum up and running with the hopes that everyone partakes and it catch some steam.

ebulldog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am in Cutler Bay. A club here would be good, lots of tanks in this area alone.
What about that forum rev ???

OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up guys! Glad to see the responses! We should definitely get something going, Chris I'm in the process of setting up an SPS dominate 120g system I had to tear my tank down recently and am now setting up..looking forward to seeing/meeting the sps junkies in our area!

OP
OP
AL1

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27b3fe92f7ccbe047fd2b482ae6c2f93.jpg

Waiting on my canopy should be complete this weekend next will be 2 mp40s. Tanks been running for about a month, currently has 2 fish a fox face which I've had for about a year and a regal angel who hasn't started eating pellets yet..hopefully he'll leave the SPS alone

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back