Micro Transactions Incoming

Would you be willing to pay micro transactions or monthly fee for features on your equipment?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Maybe if the initial purchase price was cheaper than the alternative product.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A recent email from a product supplier sent out due to app migration issues has got me thinking about how the world seems to think and work lately. You can’t download anything on your phone or video games these days without the company wanting to sell you more inside the app/game. What about features on our smart equipment? Up until recently when I bought something app controlled for my tank I expected all features to be 100% included in that purchase price, not so much anymore. My big question is, would you as the consumer paying a few or several hundred dollars or more for equipment be willing to shell out a monthly fee to use that equipments features? Say that new tester you bought worked perfectly but they wanted $9.99 a month to actually get the results, stuff like this.
I myself refuse to cave to the corporate greed, but am curious how everyone else feels.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine how nice your world would be without phone apps, subscription fees and passwords

yes, it’s coming

added: “ marriage is a “micro transaction” …I paid a up front fee and later perks and features seem to be a ongoing cost … maybe this isn’t a new thing :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back