0   0   0
Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait to see the tank on sat. guys, will be nice to see it with water in it this time :) i will be after some of thoes raffle items as well! From the pics and videos things look great, curious to see what the leds are doing.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought we'd share a few pics from our Reef Party...

15169899864_0c7e83480d_m.jpg
15604442678_055aaa7650_m.jpg

The food drive was an incredible success with the final weigh in at 1,325 pounds of food and an additional $200 donation which will provide an additional 1,000 meals to local families in need. We could not have pulled this off without the generous support from the following local and online vendors:

I'mAReefer, Premium Aquatics, Bulk Reef Supply, Reef2Reef, AquaCraft, Archetype, Tiki Corals, Gr8 Polyps, Chester Aquaria, Mid Atlantic Marine Aquarium Society (MAMAS), AquaBox, and LiveAquaria. The Richmond Reef Club has a LOT to be proud of! :bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome!!! How many people were there?

Upwards of 80 I believe... We were beginning to reach critical mass, LOL! There were several vendors and hobbyists that setup frag tanks in our garage (the largest was 5'x2'). It looked like a Coral Mall, LOL!

Next time, we're going to schedule the meet when the weather is a bit more temperate and start earlier so that we can utilize our outdoor space better - picnic tables, outdoor games, etc... since we do have a lot of families.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ That was a lucky shot for sure...

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! 173grams. Two weeks growth:

This is the first time in several months that we've weighed the algae after removing it from our turf scrubber.
@SantaMonica :xd:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a great time guys! Amazing tank and great company all night.

So glad you were able to attend, BJ, and thanks so much for all of the support!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures of your fish, corals and tank are stunning as always! I love dropping in to see the new AND the old pics :) Congrats on doing so well collecting for the needy. 80 people is a lot to fit in 1 house, even a big one! LOL Did you take pics of the garage tanks? Sounds like you all had a lot of fun :)

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I check into this thread, I drool. You two have put together an amazing system and it's great to see that you're engaging the local reefing community to donate back to those in need. The world needs more people like you two! :)

Do the Bellus and Semis play nice? I'm thinking about adding a few Genicanthus species down the road but I haven't gotten a chance to research how they mix together in a home aquarium.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures of your fish, corals and tank are stunning as always! I love dropping in to see the new AND the old pics :) Congrats on doing so well collecting for the needy. 80 people is a lot to fit in 1 house, even a big one! LOL Did you take pics of the garage tanks? Sounds like you all had a lot of fun :)

Thank You for the compliments and the kind words! The Reef Party was a lot of fun AND a TON of work. We did not make it any easier on ourselves by hosting the party on Halloween weekend either. I wish I had gotten a pic of the garage - went to do it once and there were so many people that I could not even step onto the landing, LOL!

-Terry

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I check into this thread, I drool. You two have put together an amazing system and it's great to see that you're engaging the local reefing community to donate back to those in need. The world needs more people like you two! :)

Do the Bellus and Semis play nice? I'm thinking about adding a few Genicanthus species down the road but I haven't gotten a chance to research how they mix together in a home aquarium.

Thanks so much for the kind words, Z! Mixing Genicanthus is not much different from mixing wrasses - I actually think it's easier. You will want to keep 1 larger male and the rest females, otherwise the males tend to revert back to female coloration/disposition. Our male semi is treating the female Bellus as one of his harem.

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fantastic looking reef tank! you have some very nice sps and your fish list is outstanding!

would you be kind enough to give your input on a couple areas.... i'm trying to decide on what route to go for my next upgrade. i'm thinking between 220-300g....

would you go with another marineland tank, after a devastating seam failure and then a custom overflow coming loose on the replacement tank? did they cover just the tank, or home repairs as well? i've decided to go with a new tank, but it seems like i have heard of numerous marineland tanks splitting seams. maybe because they are one of the larger makers and just a matter of having more in the field?

how do you like the single center overflow? would you go that route again? aesthetically it looks much better then the dual, imo.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back