OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh, that video looks so accurate and crisp.. awesome!
Thank you Christian! I'm going to adjust the aperture and try tweaking the white balance a bit on the next one. It is super-crisp, even on my NEC 30" IPS monitor.

Did anyone notice our male ocellaris clownfish eating off the clip? It was the first time I have ever seen him do this. He normally hangs out with his mate and waits to grab stray bits out of the water column.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stellar!

I like the upside down backwards bites the filefish takes. He's patient and picks his moment. :)

Thanks Gabe! The filefish is a hoot... He likes to body surf around the the top of the tank using the Tunze's to launch from one end of the tank and around the corner to the other side. It is hysterical to watch.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that too, hilarious!

Love the video! How big is the sailfin?

Thanks Jackie! Our Desjardini is about 9" give or take. He's been with us for 11 years and was in captivity at least another year before he came to us.

Last edited:

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video. Any chance of trying out 60fps with that new camera?

How does the filefish do with the coral?

Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry, I had to stop by for some photographic inspiration today in order for me to take the effort to drag out my seemingly 'Old School' D3100 now. LOVE the new video but,..................... your fish are all to well behaved at the Nori Clip and thinking you really need a Blochii Tang like mine to show em all what a Nori Feeding Frenzy really looks like... lol

Absolutely STUNNING as usual.

Cheers, Todd

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TJ's Reef That's what I thought too. The fish are well behaved and take turns at the clip?! Love my Matted Filefish; it's never bothered any coral.

KayKel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your pain on getting this back going again and the beautiful end result, you are lucky to have this back up to your garage. We have the same situation and it makes changing water VERY easy

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video. Any chance of trying out 60fps with that new camera?

How does the filefish do with the coral?
Thanks Lucas! The video was shot using 60fps. Out of habit, I selected an MPEG preset when I exported the video from Prem Pro :doh: and I will make sure I don't do that on the next one. :bigsmile:

Our Filefish has not touched any of our corals, but we do not keep our z's and p's or acans in there - our Regal would devour them.

Terry, I had to stop by for some photographic inspiration today in order for me to take the effort to drag out my seemingly 'Old School' D3100 now. LOVE the new video but,..................... your fish are all to well behaved at the Nori Clip and thinking you really need a Blochii Tang like mine to show em all what a Nori Feeding Frenzy really looks like... lol

Absolutely STUNNING as usual.
Cheers, Todd
Thank you Todd! Your D3100 is a fine camera and much more up-to-date than my old D300s. And, yes, our fish are pretty well behaved (thankfully) and everybody who wants it, gets a turn at the algae clip. It's a little scary sometimes when the little Neon Goby decides to go perch on the clip to graze on algae while Big Daddy (the Desjardini) is chowing down.

@TJ's Reef That's what I thought too. The fish are well behaved and take turns at the clip?! Love my Matted Filefish; it's never bothered any coral.
Our Filefish is a model citizen as well.

Thanks for sharing your pain on getting this back going again and the beautiful end result, you are lucky to have this back up to your garage. We have the same situation and it makes changing water VERY easy
Thank you so much! Yes, having the remote fish room in the garage makes things much easier and the display much quieter.

Oldude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always enjoy seeing your pictures & videos - they are always so well done! You have some mad photo skills! You guys are braver than I am with that selection of fish. I have played the angel & butterfly game before but they ended up costing me a fortune. They look fantastic in the reef so I hope they remain the model citizens for you that they appear to be now. Thanks for sharing.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 147 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back