Miracles Do Happen! Bill's (Sawcjack00/Epic Aquaculture) 460 Gallon Custom Miracles Aquarium Build!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just checking in on this beautiful reef!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky!!! Since you aren’t too far from @Sisterlimonpot , did you ever see his tank?

Throw in a penny for me. ;)
I have seen his tank, next time I’m over there I will :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I took this one of bills tank when he hosted the club meeting a few weeks back. No edit no filters just an iphone
IMG_2035.jpeg

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking in on this beautiful reef!
Thanks for checking in Daniel, As mentioned above we actually recently hosted the local reef club so lots of people got to see it in person. I'm currently doing a little work on it, removing a few huge colonies that I want to replace with something different. I'll take some updated pictures once I'm done...

kindafun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Are you using a special light for the photography or just creating a vignette when processing the photos?

Also, can you give the names?

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Are you using a special light for the photography or just creating a vignette when processing the photos?

Also, can you give the names?
Thank you for the kind words! All of the pics are under Radion G4 Pros set on the AB+ schedule. I then add the vignette when processing as it helps to focus the view on the main subject. In order they are: BKChem Fruit Loops, EA Dirk Diggler, JF Jolt, Raising Reefs Blue Flame, RRU Angry Birds, RRU Rainbow Blossom, RMF Last Dragon, RRC Shazam, SC Orange Passion, TSA Princess Peach and WWC Pantera Rosa

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on Reef of the Month, your tank is stunning.

In the write up on your tank you mention dosing Bacto Balance. Was wondering how much you dose and how you find it helping to control Nutrients?
Thank you for the kind words! I dose 1 vial of Prodibio Bio Digest and 2 vials of Prodibio Pro Biotix every Monday. I still have to carbon dose to keep NO3 in check, but the main benefit of dosing bacteria for me is to keep the populations of "good" bacteria high so that the "bad" bacteria does not take over and cause issues.

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the kind words! I dose 1 vial of Prodibio Bio Digest and 2 vials of Prodibio Pro Biotix every Monday. I still have to carbon dose to keep NO3 in check, but the main benefit of dosing bacteria for me is to keep the populations of "good" bacteria high so that the "bad" bacteria does not take over and cause issues.
I also dose Bio Digest, will look into the Pro Biotix. Is Bacto Balance your only source of Carbon?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back